Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I'm in your theme

I can not help unlock.

it should take into account the first preloads that has the transponder, to know how close it. I think

photos remote original
    1 peugeot 206
    2 berlingo 2001

precode peug206 7936.JPG
    berlingo 2001.jpg

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...de-psa-330872/
    excuse my English, is the best.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninja123 View Post
    Im still not convinced!! There must be something to do with the pin code, as this is the only data I used from old bsi to new bsi, I did not program the vin number, and key still programmed - so the vin number is out of the question - so I think the pin has a big part to play here, pin must be written to pcf and used to unlock it or match it?? - ill keep digging...........
    ninja
    You did not enter any VIN but I'm sure that the BSI automatically took the VIN from the ECU in the learning procedure. When you programed the key the BSI had the VIN and the pincode inside.
    Even if you know the VIN and the pin from the car that the key belongs how do you unlock it to mach it on another car?
    It is known that PCF and the remote are linked together and you cannot use the remote with other transponder.
    Why would you look at the PCF when the problem is the info on the remote?
    When you program a NEW transponder isn't that coded with the VIN or the pin or a secret key and locked on that car???? And why doesn't work with the remote?
    SO the info that must be cracked and understand is in the remote. By cracking that info you can match a blank PCF to it and only after that you my program it to new car.

You got it now? Or still not convinced?
    Last edited by keysph; 7th May, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I dont understand why just not program used PCB with new PCF7936 via OBD and then program buttons like in SBB procedure.
    I think used remote PCB will rewrited data from programmed PCF7936

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You guys really dont want to understand what the topic starter is talking about, don't you?

please read his postings again and again carefully to understand.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cammy25 For This Useful Post:

adam28 (12th May, 2013), Cesarec (15th December, 2015)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cammy25 View Post
    You guys really dont want to understand what the topic starter is talking about, don't you?

please read his postings again and again carefully to understand.
    if you mean the people talking about the pcf its you that does not understand what we are on about, we understand that the op is on about retrieving the data from the remote, we are on about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by keysph View Post
    You did not enter any VIN but I'm sure that the BSI automatically took the VIN from the ECU in the learning procedure. When you programed the key the BSI had the VIN and the pincode inside.
    Even if you know the VIN and the pin from the car that the key belongs how do you unlock it to mach it on another car?
    It is known that PCF and the remote are linked together and you cannot use the remote with other transponder.
    Why would you look at the PCF when the problem is the info on the remote?
    When you program a NEW transponder isn't that coded with the VIN or the pin or a secret key and locked on that car???? And why doesn't work with the remote?
    SO the info that must be cracked and understand is in the remote. By cracking that info you can match a blank PCF to it and only after that you my program it to new car.

You got it now? Or still not convinced?
    you dont understand what ninja is saying.. he is saying virgin bsi has not got remote info, yet keys already programmed to that car can be reused.

He knows that a blank pcf wont work, but if you remove the remote info from the car and reuse key then this means during the programming procedure it must be either unlocking the pcf and using the data to write back to the car, or during first programming theres more happening which allows the reusing of the original key.

if the pcf password can be worked out from pincode or vin etc this is far better than any method provided you know the data from the car the 2nd key came from, as you would not have to open the key and would probably work with any PSA remote type.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to paul_12345 For This Useful Post:

ninja123 (9th May, 2013)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul_12345 View Post
    if the pcf password can be worked out from pincode or vin etc this is far better than any method provided you know the data from the car the 2nd key came from, as you would not have to open the key and would probably work with any PSA remote type.
    You're right this will be a versatile method for solving the problem. But it will be very hard to find out the connection between PIN(either VIN) and PCF key. To do this we must do reverse engineering of BSI. Maybe we can start with collecting bsi eeprom dumps and (if available) ROM dumps, I mean nec cpu based units.

p.s: The only advantage of my method is that you need nothing but a remote pcb for making working key, even without seeing original pcf/bsi/vin/pin etc.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

if you had a transponder sniffer you would be able to see what password the transponder gets set to, then it may be easy.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

paul_12345 - im so glad someone is on my level here, this subject has bugged me for a while now, I would love to see the answer to exist in the remote data reading, but i dont think this will happen.

Here is another one for you guys to consider - I but new remotes from same supplier, I always read pcf before programming just in case its not the correct type, then I can use again with new pcf.

Yesterday, I checked the dumps of 7 pcf7936 chips, all from same type remotes, all from same supplier, and all data is the same, every page identical.

I made a key for my moms picasso and one for the guy up the road, today I got both cars together and tried to re sync each others remotes to other cars - not worked - but both remotes started life with same data.

Any one care to explain this one then?

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!
    NEVER SAY IT CANT BE DONE!!
    The thanks button works wonders!!
    DONT SEND ME PM'S ASKING FOR OTHER MEMBERS WORK OR PASSWORDS

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninja123 View Post
    paul_12345 - im so glad someone is on my level here, this subject has bugged me for a while now, I would love to see the answer to exist in the remote data reading, but i dont think this will happen.

Here is another one for you guys to consider - I but new remotes from same supplier, I always read pcf before programming just in case its not the correct type, then I can use again with new pcf.

Yesterday, I checked the dumps of 7 pcf7936 chips, all from same type remotes, all from same supplier, and all data is the same, every page identical.

I made a key for my moms picasso and one for the guy up the road, today I got both cars together and tried to re sync each others remotes to other cars - not worked - but both remotes started life with same data.

Any one care to explain this one then?

ninja
    if you use a new pcf with the key from 1 car on the other car then I assume it still programs in?

if so then that fits in with the theory of the password being set to something specific to the car, hence why you can't reuse the 1 key on the other car as once programmed they will have a unique password specific to that car, when reprogramming on the original car it will have the same password allowing the pcf to be unlocked and programed in ok.
    Last edited by paul_12345; 9th May, 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

@ninja
    Several PCF7936 's with exactly identical ALL pages??? Impossible!
    Something with the reading has to be wrong. At least serial number will be different.
    Even on chinese spare keys they put different remote data (in pcf7922).

can you post pcf dump to see what is going on there?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mihotd For This Useful Post:

Col19 (23rd June, 2021)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

ill post them later, I have looked at all the dumps taken from the same type of remote, and believe me, they are the same.

Paul12345, I think the same but im still at a loss as to how this works after using a second hand bsi, as there is no vehicle specific data in the used bsi as it came from another car, and I have done these without programming the new vin into bsi.

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

maybe its calculated from pincode, or getting some data from ecu. Something to try.. new ecu edit pincode to the old one, then see if you can reuse key, if it works change pincode and try again to reuse.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

I dont think any ecu data is taken into account, Im not 100% sure, but I may have programmed keys back into a virgin bsi without engine ecu connected, in which case, pin code is only option, so to unlock the transponder, the secret key is an algo of the pin code maybe............

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ninja123 For This Useful Post:

Pezhoo (6th May, 2023)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul_12345 View Post
    if you mean the people talking about the pcf its you that does not understand what we are on about, we understand that the op is on about retrieving the data from the remote, we are on about something else.

you dont understand what ninja is saying.. he is saying virgin bsi has not got remote info, yet keys already programmed to that car can be reused.

He knows that a blank pcf wont work, but if you remove the remote info from the car and reuse key then this means during the programming procedure it must be either unlocking the pcf and using the data to write back to the car, or during first programming theres more happening which allows the reusing of the original key.

Yeah Im the crazy one here....

I dont think any ecu data is taken into account, Im not 100% sure, but I may have programmed keys back into a virgin bsi without engine ecu connected, in which case, pin code is only option, so to unlock the transponder, the secret key is an algo of the pin code maybe............

ninja
    Thats right Ninja123 ,Password is 100% calculated out of pin.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cammy25 For This Useful Post:

adam28 (13th May, 2013), norishor (3rd January, 2018), PremierD (13th May, 2013)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

If you know this, then do you also know the algo to break this open?

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast