Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

think ill stick with the SSD one as ive got a few spare ones the the now ,one of them is a 1 tb one but mite go for another bigger one and keep the 1 tb for other stuff thanks cunny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thats what I'm thinking of building Intel Core i5-3330, Asus Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition, Cooler Master Force 500 - My Custom Build - portbhoy's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom. Never built a computer before just tinkered and upgraded so doing it for the hell of it really. What do you think any suggestions welcome.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I'd personally change the CPU for an unlocked version, thats what the 'K' stands for

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache.. | Ebuyer.com

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

cunny ,if i went with SSD would it be able to boot up with say windows 8 on it?

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

are you building the pc for gaming if no your wasting your money just for normal multi tasking i would go for a

i5 2500k

gigabyte motherbaord z68ap-d3

and 8gb corsair vengance 1600mhz memmory.

this is what i have built just 2weeks agoo its rock soild.

if your not gaming then get a normal cheap grapics card will do

will save yourself alot of money.

i just

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tab99_uk For This Useful Post:

father ted (27th March, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tab99_uk View Post
    are you building the pc for gaming if no your wasting your money just for normal multi tasking i would go for a

i5 2500k

gigabyte motherbaord z68ap-d3

and 8gb corsair vengance 1600mhz memmory.

this is what i have built just 2weeks agoo its rock soild.

if your not gaming then get a normal cheap grapics card will do

will save yourself alot of money.

i just
    much appreciated but tbh money isnt an issue .i built one ages ago with top of the range stuff ,but you know what they say as soon as you build/buy something its outdated in 10 mins time never done gaming .i mind when my daughter got her first computer ,it was great,but as i learned how to do this and that on it and wanted to upgrade and found that you couldnt as t was a stock computer ,my mate built my next one for me ,then a very good friend of mine taught me loads of stuff built my next one ,he suggested i try and build one myself ,which i did ,the last one i think i built was about 3 years ,top of the range stuf in it ,but as things get better i feel i need to keep up with the times ,thats why cunny was costing me stuff ,as hes a bit of a geek he knows more than me

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by father ted View Post
    much appreciated but tbh money isnt an issue .i built one ages ago with top of the range stuff ,but you know what they say as soon as you build/buy something its outdated in 10 mins time never done gaming .i mind when my daughter got her first computer ,it was great,but as i learned how to do this and that on it and wanted to upgrade and found that you couldnt as t was a stock computer ,my mate built my next one for me ,then a very good friend of mine taught me loads of stuff built my next one ,he suggested i try and build one myself ,which i did ,the last one i think i built was about 3 years ,top of the range stuf in it ,but as things get better i feel i need to keep up with the times ,thats why cunny was costing me stuff ,as hes a bit of a geek he knows more than me
    Lmfao

What system are you running now ted?

I bought a ssd for my q6600 setup an its still going strong now. I might end up missing a generation of builds now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I find it a bit strange when i read MONEY NO OBJECT!!!!!! and then I5 I5 I5 I5 - why I5? there are far better processors out there i.e I7 if your into intel or even AMD's bulldozer. I have always been AMD, but decided last build to goto I3 and it wasnt long before I was back to AMD and using the A6 processor - its a bit like your either a vauxhall or ford fan.

I use Novatech and buy a barebones bundle, find their prices are really good but heres a little story that might make you change your mind in building your own.

MY son said he wanted to buy a gaming pc, I said thats fine i'll price it up on novatech, chose I5, 8gig ram, 500gig HD and Nvidia graphics, dvd writer - approx total ?450. Had to price this to match roughly what he could afford.

He found a power seller on fleabay selling gaming towers - tower all lights up inside and outside with blue LED's, tower has a digital display with cpu temp etc etc, it has an AMD bulldozer processor, 16 gig ram, 1TB HD, and a radeon hi spec graphics card - total price ?356 delivered - he bought one straight away and I am amazed at what he got for the money

heres an example - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibox-4-0G...item337c361880

I certainly will be considering this route next time i upgrade mine as i have always built mine as believed it to be cheaper - obviously not always true.

Just thought you might be interested to know this
    Last edited by m9g; 29th March, 2013 at 09:17 AM.

DONT FORGET TO CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER OF THE POST IF ANYONE HELPED YOU

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m9g View Post
    He found a power seller on fleabay selling gaming towers - tower all lights up inside and outside with blue LED's, tower has a digital display with cpu temp etc etc, it has an AMD bulldozer processor, 16 gig ram, 1TB HD, and a radeon hi spec graphics card - total price ?356 delivered - he bought one straight away and I am amazed at what he got for the money

heres an example - Vibox 4.0GHz ? 16GB 4.0GHz Quad core gaming PC ? 1TB Super Fast computer | eBay

I certainly will be considering this route next time i upgrade mine as i have always built mine as believed it to be cheaper - obviously not always true.

Just thought you might be interested to know this

I got my last PC off ebay. But that's only because it was very close to what I wanted to build & was slightly cheaper, once to took into account legit Win7 pro was installed.

But when you build your own it's something special. You are the creator, it's your choice on everything that goes into it. You also know where the parts came from & their history.

A friend picked up a prebuilt AMD system & had nothing but problems with it. The 3Gzh quad processor died, later 3 out of the 4 memory sticks failed, HDD boot sector failed, DVD drive stopped working. Only the case & motherboard still worked. From purchase to final days was a massive 6 months.

My Q8600 system had a network issue when I got it. Had to pull the windows key out of it & re-install 7 to get it working, nothing but smooth sailing since then. The only thing I need to do is max the memory & switch to SSD.
    Canker

"Animal, vegetable or mineral... I'll do anything, to anything, with anything"
    - The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells
    [COLOR=Green]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Yes always be weary of what you buy on fleabay but i always look at feedback and go for power sellers on something that would cost so much. With regards to your friends experience for so much to go wrong he was either over-clocking and killed it or very very unlucky coz surely it wouldnt matter where you buy it from if its genuine then its made by the same company where-ever you buy it. AMD wouldnt build a processor of lesser quality and guarenteed to fail just because someone on fleabay wants to sell it.

DONT FORGET TO CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER OF THE POST IF ANYONE HELPED YOU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

bump
    after \all cunnys hard work and me changing my mind ive decided to build this ,ive made a few addjustments and appreciate comments

Quote Originally Posted by cunny View Post
    Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

?181.31

Coolermaster Elite 330U Case With Coolermaster elite Power 500W PSU

Coolermaster Elite 330U Case With Coolermaster elite.. | Ebuyer.com

?51.99
    Asus P8H77-V H77 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
    Asus P8H77-V H77 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX.. | Ebuyer.com

?85.30

OCZ ZS Series 650W 80+ Bronze PSU with 135mm Fan & single +12V Rail
    OCZ ZS Series 650W 80+ Bronze PSU with 135mm Fan &.. | Ebuyer.com
    ?75.50
    gonna go with this one instead OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular PSU -135mm Fan | Ebuyer.com

OCZ 128GB Agility 4 SATA III SSD
    OCZ 128GB Agility 4 SATA III SSD, Up to 420MB/s READ.. | Ebuyer.com
    (might need caddy)

gonna go with this one instead
    SanDisk 120GB Extreme II SSD - Desktop edition | Ebuyer.com

?85.00
    Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card with FREE ASSASSINS CREED III Download Coupon + Free to Play bundle
    Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI.. | Ebuyer.com
    ?186.77 not to sure about this may be a bit over powering would love suggestions

Seagate 3TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive
    Seagate 3TB Barracuda Hard Drive - 3.5" SATA-III.. | Ebuyer.com

gonna go with this one insteadhttp://www.ebuyer.com/579048-wd-2tb-black-3-5-hdd-wd2003fzex

?89.99

Total Spend ?755.86

Thats just after 20 mins looking on ebuyer no other sites

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming Edition Overclocked Nvidia Graphics For about ?203 far superior very quiet well worth ?20 more if you are using for gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGALMCD View Post
    MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming Edition Overclocked Nvidia Graphics For about ?203 far superior very quiet well worth ?20 more if you are using for gaming.
    it wont be used ofr gaming just surfing and things like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cunny View Post
    Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

?181.31

Coolermaster Elite 330U Case With Coolermaster elite Power 500W PSU

Coolermaster Elite 330U Case With Coolermaster elite.. | Ebuyer.com

?51.99
    Asus P8H77-V H77 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
    Asus P8H77-V H77 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX.. | Ebuyer.com

?85.30
    OCZ ZS Series 650W 80+ Bronze PSU with 135mm Fan & single +12V Rail
    OCZ ZS Series 650W 80+ Bronze PSU with 135mm Fan &.. | Ebuyer.com
    ?75.50

OCZ 128GB Agility 4 SATA III SSD
    OCZ 128GB Agility 4 SATA III SSD, Up to 420MB/s READ.. | Ebuyer.com
    (might need caddy)
    ?85.00
    Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card with FREE ASSASSINS CREED III Download Coupon + Free to Play bundle
    Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI.. | Ebuyer.com
    ?186.77

Seagate 3TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive
    Seagate 3TB Barracuda Hard Drive - 3.5" SATA-III.. | Ebuyer.com

?89.99

Total Spend ?755.86

Thats just after 20 mins looking on ebuyer no other sites
    ok some more advice got most of this stuff but the motherboard is out of stock will this one be ok ?

Asus Z87-K Socket 1150 HDMI DVI D-Sub 8-Channel HD.. | Ebuyer.com

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by father ted View Post
    ok some more advice got most of this stuff but the motherboard is out of stock will this one be ok ?

Asus Z87-K Socket 1150 HDMI DVI D-Sub 8-Channel HD.. | Ebuyer.com
    no you need a motherboard with socket 1155 otherwise your cpu will not fit.
    the socket is the number of pins on the cpu equals the number on the motherboard.
    Last edited by dasteph; 14th January, 2014 at 10:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast