Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

i found this elsewhere if it's of any help
    Please Read Carefully!
    No Sky UK NDS Videoguard Hacking Discussions.
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal
    the files available are kept for experimental & educational purpose only
    original vu duo2 /vu zero/ tm-nano-se. v-box / 36v /1.2 dish,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Found this box in the cupboard today tidying up still not managed to fix, Could someone help me out, I am not good with soldering etc, would pay for help

cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SGTFlipFlop View Post
    Found this box in the cupboard today tidying up still not managed to fix, Could someone help me out, I am not good with soldering etc, would pay for help

cheers
    me too.. i have one lying gathering dust..

i'd pay someone to repair this for me..

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i left mine into a local tv repair shop and he replaced a number of caps and redid dry joints but it cost me e90 but cheaper than a new box. i looked inside but no caps showed problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

ok same problem here today man , red light on digital display and that's it, mines is also a genuine vu+duo, cant someone please take a very very clear close up photo of the capacitor that we are talking about here please so that I/we don't touch the wrong one, I dunno if its just my eyesight nowdays but even under the lights in the room I still had to get a powerfull torch and magnifying glass to see the writing on the capicitors and/or the board, be very very handy if we could have good clean close up photo's, soon as I know what it is and where it is I can then take extremely perfect photo's of it for you guys but I cant see where it is at all yet, the numbers I see that youz mention don't match up with what I have and this box is defo meant to be a 100% genuine box, bought it from a place and a dealer you will all know I wont mention who also has a website and a forum, they tend to only want to talk to experts though, LOL. cheers
    Last edited by Saltire; 9th March, 2014 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

UPDATE from last post, I see a cap called C807 capacitor, is that the one that needs changed ? ??? if so, where to get from and is this a hard job or just batter right in there and don't giver a shoot etc ? well with a little care I mean, , I have a nice tip on my solder iron etc and some solder, that's about it, whats the chances of this working if it is this one I said ? Is it like how longs a piece of string ? LOL, I would guess so, ask a daft question etc, , still need to know how to deal with the little bergger and where to buy the wee cap from though if it is that one for sure if anyone can help please ? remember, it is a genuine vu+duo, not a clone.

p.s

maybe this is daft, but I remember years and years ago just bridging a dead cap on a mates hifi and it worked afterwards, is there not a way this would be possible here at all by bridging either of the posts to another cap ? just a thought, suppose I mean like making two caps work for one, I know for a fact all those years ago it worked for me but I was just playing about and hey presto it worked, cant remember what I done or nothing no idea at all, what u think ? I don't really give a damn about the box to be honest as they will be all going you know where very soon, so its not a problem, but still though, I don't want to potentionally kill it totally when it may be able to go for another few weeks or months if we are lucky, please let me know , cheers chaps
    Last edited by Saltire; 9th March, 2014 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

ok I looked about the internet and seen a lot of C807 capacitor's for sale, all different makes, models and sizes, hmmmm ??? is this defo the one I want and need yea (any of them) ??

I was also thinking, to make this 100 time easier, whats to stop me just gently pushing the one that's deed over a wee bit and soldering the new one onto those legs ? I dunno man ? would save a lot of trouble.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You will need to replace the Cap and possibly a regulator see here:
    Code:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vu-Duo-Red-Light-/271411349084?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item3f3160865c
    Probably cheaper to do the Cap first and see hot it goes and YES! you will need to replace the Cap completely

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    You will need to replace the Cap and possibly a regulator see here:
    Code:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vu-Duo-Red-Light-/271411349084?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item3f3160865c
    Probably cheaper to do the Cap first and see hot it goes and YES! you will need to replace the Cap completely
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot guys

I just remembered I have a grand old guy of a mate who is an electrician and I called him just now and asked him if he would be confident about doing this/these jobs, now remember the guys an old old man who generally only does normal things like fitting lighting and wall sockets etc etc etc, but he is an electrician, and guess what ? ............ <YES he said he would be more than happy to try and do this for me if I simply marked out the Cap and regulator for him, so I was well pleased because he says he has all the kit to test things like the power supply etc but he admitted he didn't have any clue about TV boxes etc apart from maybe doing something like this, so this is handy I guess.

I would presume that I just give him those parts that "digicon" told me to get, give the old guy the box and the two new parts and the power cable, and tell him to fit the "capacitor" first then power cable in, then flick the power switch to see if the digital display come on on the box, if so then just forget the regulator, is this correct digicon ???

Then if still nothing happens he has to replace the "regulator" and check to see if it works this time, correct digicon ?

(He just needs the box and the power cable, correct ? Nothing else ? remember as I say, hes not into tv boxes etc but he did say as long as I can maybe mark the parts with a marker pen or a piece of coloured tape then that's all he would need, I am just not sure though if its only the box and the power cable that he will need and that's it, is it ?)

I have attached a couple of photo's of what I believe are the parts that need replaced that I have just took a picture of , I have marked them on the photo, can you see them ? if so, are they defo the correct parts, yes ? (just to the right of the marked items is the hard drive).

P.s
    one last thing, when I was trying to power it up again today with the box opened etc I could hear the hard drive whirring, but nothing else, the little fan at the back didn't spin and only the red light came on as usual on the digital display, could the whirring noise of the hard drive be a good thing ? I.E - the power supply is fine ? Just wondering, that's all.

Thanks very much again guys, I just need to varify these things for the old guy for sure and also put my own mind at rest, cheers

DSC00141.JPGDSC00143.JPG

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

there are 2 sides for cap a + and - dont fit wrongly .
    mine whirred and said starting and red light.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Sorry for pressing ya a wee bit on this digicon mate, its just that first and foremost I need to know if those/my pictures show the correct parts ?
    And, if so I can go ahead an order those parts, its not that I doubt you or anything mate, I just want to make sure, thats all, hope ya understand bud

Then maybe if you have time after that you could answer my other questions, cheers man

(cunny and cactikid, thank you guys for your answers too, cheers, appreciated )

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

There is only One C807 and a little hard to tell from the 2nd pic but it looks like it has a slight bulge so thats the first one to try and replace as its probably the easiest.

When you try the Duo again make sure you disconnect everything from it including hard drive any external USB's etc... as these will drain the power, its also worth while disconnecting the sat feed and see if it boots with just the HDMI in and nothing else.

Then connect one at a time to see if you can narrow it down what putting the pressure on the PSU

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    660 Posts

The one satsmo says in the post above.......I would recommend upping it to 330uF 16v ...... 330uF 16v Capacitor by Panasonic - Pack of 2 (EEUFC1C331) 11.5mm x 8mm | eBay

Uk based http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330uF-16V-...item19e7dfe9bc

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

thinking and reading is it not better to replace all rather than try a 1/2 fix only to go later on?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast