Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Cool

Got box back today from the the guy doing the Job and its working perfect, even flashed it with most up to date image and all add-on's & plugins etc or whetever ya call them, brilliant, happy days again, just in time for sLug turning off all thier HD channels too, LOL.

I see this guy is back advertising again for red light repair and changed his advert too >> ????? vu+ duo red light repair - c807 capacitor replacement ????? | eBay
    A guy like that guy on ebay there is fine so long as it is "only the cap at fault" if not then you have just wasted ?40 really, well not wasted, but gambled it I mean.

Mines needed the Cap and also the regulator renewed and replaced, so the guy on ebay wouldnt have been able to do that !

Anyways, I said I would keep ya all up to date and I have Cheers to the Guy and his Buddie that Sorted it for me

Now all I need to do is try and remember how the heck I "save" a full Image which I save on my computer that the box is connected to, I use Dreambox Control Centre for that but I always forget to take a full working image of everything should anything go wrong man, silly mistake to make but I always do it and now I cant remember how the hell I do it, LOL.

So slightly off subject of the red light issue for a second, but can someone please tell me how I save the whole lot of the working image as it is just now on my box using DCC, I know how to ftp and all that, just dont know what way it is I do this as I cant remember one time in all these years every doing it beleive it or not, .

Cheers.
    Last edited by Saltire; 1st May, 2014 at 07:45 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i thought you can do a backup image to box hdd,only problem if they move the goal posts a whole new flash with no backups be needed.

glad to hear up working,better going for the other fix as i am sure mentioned a knock on effect.
    Last edited by cactikid; 1st May, 2014 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    i thought you can do a backup image to box hdd,only problem if they move the goal posts a whole new flash with no backups be needed.

glad to hear up working,better going for the other fix as i am sure mentioned a knock on effect.
    cheers mate, its all thanks to the Blokes that fixed it for me, not down to me

Anyway, with regards to saving an entire full backup image to my computer of what is currently working on the box just now, I just started a new thread of its own about that rather than going off topic in here, so heres the link to what I am asking in my new thread for anyone that could help please >> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ng-dcc-416902/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I had the same problem with my VU+DUO last week and fixed it this weekend. Anyone having the same problem its not too difficult to fix it yourself. If you open the box and check the motherboard near the where the hard drive is located written on the the motherboard is C807 this refer to the capacitor thats the cause of the problem. You need to remove this capacitor and solder another one in its place. This weekend I picked up a capacitor from Maplins for 58 pence and a soldering iron for ?5.99. I have never soldered anything in my life so was a bit apprehensive but I removed the motherboard and turned it over tried to unsolder the original capacitor but gave up after about an hour. Since I couldnt remove the old capacitor I chopped off the legs though leaving as much as I could from the old capacitor. I then soldered the new capacitor onto the legs of the old capacitor. Please make sure you get the polarity of the capacitor right when soldering it onto the motherboard. I put it all back togather and plugged it in to the mains. Worked perfectly.
    Last edited by Curious123; 31st August, 2014 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Curious123 View Post
    I had the same problem with my VU+DUO last week and fixed it this weekend. Anyone having the same problem its not too difficult to fix it yourself. If you open the box and check the motherboard near the where the hard drive is located written on the the motherboard is C807 this refer to the capacitor thats the cause of the problem. You need to remove this capacitor and solder another one in its place. This weekend I picked up a capacitor from Maplins for 58 pence and a soldering iron for ?5.99. I have never soldered anything in my life so was a bit apprehensive but I removed the motherboard and turned it over tried to unsolder the original capacitor but gave up after about an hour. Since I couldnt remove the old capacitor I chopped off the legs though leaving as much as I could from the old capacitor. I then soldered the new capacitor onto the legs of the old capacitor. Please make sure you get the polarity of the capacitor right when soldering it onto the motherboard. I put it all back togather and plugged it in to the mains. Worked perfectly.
    when buying a soldering iron make sure you get a higher rated one as ive found most quality stb,s like the vu+duo use a higher tin content solder and thus need a hotter iron to melt it,regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678