Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM500 image need help!!

Hi Guys i am really new to this so you will need to bare with me. Basically i have a DM500 box which plays freeview channels but i was able to view sky channels on there but they have gone of after a year which they normally do.

I know i need to image the dm500 again but i have never done it before. I was wondering if you could help me step by step how to do this from the start. I will be imaging this using a ethernet cable and the sky dish and wire to plug in the box from the sky dish are all set up so i need help on how to get it working again.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hamza6666 View Post
    Hi Guys i am really new to this so you will need to bare with me. Basically i have a DM500 box which plays freeview channels but i was able to view sky channels on there but they have gone of after a year which they normally do.

I know i need to image the dm500 again but i have never done it before. I was wondering if you could help me step by step how to do this from the start. I will be imaging this using a ethernet cable and the sky dish and wire to plug in the box from the sky dish are all set up so i need help on how to get it working again.
    Hello hamza6666,

I am afraid we will not be able to help you with the $ly rekated question about channels as this is against forum rules, any other problem you have with the DM500 we will gladly be able to help you with.

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ohh ok well would you be able to help me in explaining how to image a dm500 since im new and have no idea how to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hamza6666 View Post
    ohh ok well would you be able to help me in explaining how to image a dm500 since im new and have no idea how to do it.
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...50/#post217222

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The flashing of DM boxes is pretty simple and idiot proof if you follow the howto guide - I successfully managed to flash my DM600 and get that working on a motorised dish setup. Now I'm looking for the best image to put on my DM500 to get that running

When I first got my box, I spent so much time reading forums before I got the courage to 'step in' and actually do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DB500S image

I'm new to dreambox 500S also, but I did some research about which the best image for DB500S and I have came up with the following as the best image for DB500S: plijade3 dm500 - Downloads - Digital Kaos. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/openpli-turko-v01-dm500-cccam-3-19-2013-img-2415/. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando-14-7-dm500-release-316617/#post1852107.
    look at them and decide which one you like more.