Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default questions on a vu+ duo clone

questions and advice needed really.....thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

first i should point out that i got the box (vu+ duo clone with vix 3) last weekend and am still not familiar with it as i havent had a chance to play too much with it.

i put in another thread about a laggy remote i got with it...the seller of the box couldnt have been more helpful (a trustworthy seller) and without me asking he insisted on sending another new box which he would test beforehand....i got the new box today and the remote is still laggy (new box, new remote), my neighbour got a box from same batch and it is perfect....i dont want to bother the seller any more because i think it could be something not right with my set up.
    i have removed the flash drive and hard drive, no difference....i have changed to another tv set, no difference...i have changed different settings on the input device on the image menu, no difference.....what else could it be ??.......to explain, sometimes i could press a button on the remote and the indication light will flash but channel wont change...it might do on the third press....very seldom i could press 'down' in a menu and it'll jump up an entry in the menu....half the time its fine......then sometimes i could press a button on the remote and nothing, no indication light, happens on the box....sometimes i press a remote button once and the indication light flashes twice quickly...just erratic really........i have changed the remote batteries twice for new ones, and i made sure the plastic film has been taken off the front of the box.
    and...the remote app on the phone works perfect and all menus fine and not laggy at all, very fast.

hard to explain my next question....when changing channels, if i get to the last channel in the sport section (say boxnation) if i press next channel it goes to the first channel in the next section (movies.....sky premiere hd) thats fine...no problem.......but..while on sky premiere hd if i press back it goes to the last channel in the movie section instead of going back to boxnation....is there a setting in vix to change that ??

the ondemand plugin works great....but the rte section doesnt work and freezes the box for a good few minutes.....is the rte section of it not working at the moment ??

thats it....for the moment

again...thanks to anyone who replies
    Last edited by dougm1970; 22nd March, 2013 at 01:16 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Are your tv's plasma? Sometimes plasma telly's interfere with the ir sensor and cause lag.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

yes....yes it is...an old samsung plasma (42")....think its a v4, old anyway...about 5 years since i bought it cheap, although new there was a newer model out then......PQ always been great on it and i think better than some current tellys i have seen.....but you could be on to something.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Couple of things to try. You can try changing the remote code In settings.
    Can't remember exactly where, but it's there somewhere.
    Also enabling power saving mode on the telly can help.
    Lastly a bit of tape over the ir sensor can filter out the inteference.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

superb....thanks so much for this.....there's loads of threads on av forums about it.....i knew nothing

put a piece of normal printer paper over the remote sensor on the vu+ and it improved it...its sound now......apart, and this is typical of me to have another issue, the range / distance of the remote is now shortened...sitting on the last seat on the sofa (furtherest away from telly) where it would work before, it doesnt now...you need to be closer......although, when in range 6-8 feet, the lagging is gone with the paper over the sensor...amazing

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Try putting tape over the sensor on the stb, it might be a bit thinner than printer paper.Also try the remote code and power saving on telly. I'm looking for a new telly as well, guess it won't be a plasma
    Last edited by septicsmurf; 22nd March, 2013 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

i found a original remote worked better with
    the vu clone duo i had, i dont know if that was
    because i got one of the first vu clones that were
    from ferrari.
    Please Read Carefully!
    No Sky UK NDS Videoguard Hacking Discussions.
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal
    the files available are kept for experimental & educational purpose only
    original vu duo2 /vu zero/ tm-nano-se. v-box / 36v /1.2 dish,

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i found a little bit of a lens from an old pair of sunglasses worked best....remote is fine now.

now that you lot have sorted that for me....what about ...

"when changing channels, if i get to the last channel in the sport section (say boxnation) if i press next channel it goes to the first channel in the next section (movies.....sky premiere hd) thats fine...no problem.......but..while on sky premiere hd if i press back it goes to the last channel in the movie section instead of going back to boxnation....is there a setting in vix to change that ??"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

rte, 3player and the new ABC iview parts of the ondemand player are Geo locked and not accessible in the UK, you can see some free content from the 3player and rte player but all premium content is blocked.