Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Default Markus HD Media Centres ( and other media players )

Has anyone every considered buying an HD Media Centre?

I've recently build an HTPC to do this purpose but these media centres are the business.

Markus 300 1080HD

Markus-300 is an entry HDD media player. It can easily be used for home media center and external storage. Markus-300 supports both of SATA & IDE type Hard Disk Drives. Markus-300 has very fast response on playback files. Firmware is upgradable for updated software and languages. Markus-300 has easy User Interface to use. Markus-300 plays up to 1920X1080i resolution and it will easily up convert any contents to 1080i/720p resolution.

Features

Movie Jukebox
    Markus plays digitally formatted TV shows, movies and User Created Contents on your TV. Connect Markus to a TV or video projector for viewing with family and friends. Markus plays digital video formats such as MPEG-1,2,4, DviX, and XviD. Markus is adaptable to both NTSC and PAL TV systems.

Music Jukebox
    Markus allows you to enjoy hundreds of songs that will never skip. Markus can play digital audio formats such as MP3, Windows Media Audio (WMA), and AC3.

Photo Album
    Connect Markus to your TV to share and view your photos with family and friends. View digital photos with controls to zoom in and out. A slide show feature previews photos automatically and allows you to play your favorite music as background music.

External Storage
    Markus is a Digital Multimedia Player and Storage. Connect Markus to any PC or MAC through USB2.0 to copy your favorite contents on to the Hard Disk Drive as an external hard drive.

Specification

Video Connections: Composite / S-Video /Component (Progressive Scan) : 1080i/ 720p/ 480p/ 480i
    Audio Connections: Stereo Audio (L/R) / Optical Digital Audio / Coaxial Digital Audio * The 5.1 channel audio can be down mixed for two channel output
    USB Spec:USB 2.0 (High Speed Full Speed: Max. 480Mbps) Connector Type:USB B Type When used in USB1.1 mode, transfer speed is slower.
    Support Format: Video File Type Video Codec Audio Codec Remarks MPG, MPA, M1V,M2V,MPEG-1 (VCD), MPEG-1 (VCD) Subtitle: SMI, SRT, SUB Resolution Max.720 x 576 Frame Rate Max. 30fps QP(Quarter Pixel) Feature. MPG, MPA, M1V,M2V MPEG-2 (DVD) MPEG-2 (DVD), AVI, DivX(3.11/4/5) MP3, AC3 AVI XVID MP3, AC3, AVI MS MPEG4 V3 MP3, AC3 * It is normal to experience an occasional pixilation and "skip" during playback due to clarity of digital contents during internet downloading.
    Audio File Type Output Bit Rate Sampling
    Rate: AC3.MP2,MP3,DTS pass through Ogg,WMA.MPGA MPA 64K ~ 192Kbps, 32K/ 44.1K/ 48KHz
    Photo: JPEG
    Partition Type: FAT32, NTFS
    Dimension: 182 x 143 x 56 (mm)
    Power: 12V DC Adapter
    Compatible OS: Window 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/MAC OS X ("FAT32" Format only)

markus_300_1.jpg markus_300_2.jpg

Markus 750 1080HD

Markus-750 is the revolutionary HDD recorder and HD media player. It can easily record user-made video from Camcorder or VCR as well as TV set top box into HDD. It will upscale any SAt box ITgate/Dreambox/Starview/Eurovox , as well as being your home media centre. It plays HD movie files up to (1920X1080). Through network it can playback and file copy from connected computers easily by remote control. Time shift function can pause the live TV program. The 750 has an inbuilt DVB-T tuner which allows use of box as a freeview recorder. Optional wireless dongle ( ?11.00 ) to make the box fully wireless.

Features

HD playback files like MPEG2 HD(TS), Divx HD, Xvid HD and etc.
    One Touch Guide Menu
    Multi-way File Copy
    Time Shift
    Pause Live TV
    Various Connection
    Digital Photo Album
    Audio Juke Box
    Home & On-The-Road
    Internel HDD with SATA interface
    Functions without HDD installed
    Easy & Fancy HDD exchange
    Many Language Support
    Sata(i/ii) up to 1TB

Specification

Recording Partition: UDF
    Recording Mode: HQ,SP,LP,EP,SLP
    Recording Format: MPEG II
    File Partition: FAT32/NTFS
    File Playback (VIDEO): MPEG2 HD(TS, TP) DIVX DH(AVI), XVID HD(AVI), MPEG1/2 (DAT.MPG.VOB.IFO), DIVX (AVI), XVID (AVI), DV25 (DIGITAL CAMCORDER)
    File Playback (AUDIO): Dolby Digital, AC3, CDDA, LPCM, WMA, AAC, OGG
    File Playback (PHOTO): JPEG, BMP (32bit)
    WMV, MKV, H264, X264 files can be playback only with realtime transcoding depending on the codec in the computer and AV files characteristic thru Network

Connections (Rear) ANT IN x 1 : ANT OUT x 1: USB(Host) x 2, USB(Target), Lan, Component Out, Composite Out, Composite In, HDMI Out, Optical Out, Coaxial Out, Ext.IR In & DC in, 2 Euroscart ( Av in,, & TV out )
    Input: AC 100V~240V, 50/60Hz
    Extra DVB-T terrestrial Tuner.

markus_750_1.jpg markus_750_2.jpg

Markus 800 1080HD

Top of the line in Media Center. Markus-800 is designed for High Definition media lovers and it plays most of the latest files codecs & formats. It has 2" LCD screen for easier access to the menu. Markus-800 support true 1080p resolution with HDMI port. Markus-800 has E-SATA support for fast data transfer and has two USB host for more USB devices. You can enjoy Blue-Ray Disc quality movie with H.264 codec MKV files.

*Support H.264, X.264, MKV formats
    *HDMI port for true HD at 1080p resolution
    *2"LCD Screen
    *Network Stream Playback
    *E-SATA Port

*NDAS solution for Network storage

Specification

Video Connections: Composite / S-Video /Component (Progressive Scan)/HDMI : 1080p/1080i/ 720p/ 480p/ 480i
    Audio Connections: Stereo Audio (L/R) / Optical Digital Audio / Coaxial Digital Audio * The 5.1 channel audio can be down mixed for two channel output
    USB Spec:USB 2.0 (High Speed Full Speed: Max. 480Mbps) Connector Type:USB B Type g)yy* When used in USB1.1 mode, transfer speed is slower.
    Support Format: Video File Type Video Codec Audio Codec Remarks MPEG1/2/4, XVID, DIVX, WMV9, WMV9HD, H.264,X.264, TP, TRP, TS, MKV, WMV, AVI. ISO.IFO,VOB MPG, ASF, DAT
    Audio File Type Output Bit Rate Sampling Rate:AC3.MP2,MP3,DTS (pass through) Ogg,WMA.MPGA MPA, PCM 64K ~ 192Kbps, 32K/ 44.1K/ 48KHz
    Photo: JPEG/GIF/BMP/PNG
    Partition Type: 3.5" SATA FAT32, NTFS
    Power: 12V DC Adapter
    Compatible OS: Window 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/MAC OS X ("FAT32" Format )

markus_800_1.jpg markus_800_2.jpg markus_800_3.jpg

If you're considering getting one of these Media Centres, please use the following link.

Digital Kaos Shop - Home

Thanks!
    Last edited by gmb45; 27th February, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A couple of months too late for me, I bought the WD TV for ?75. It a nice wee box but I would have considered the Markus if I had known about it.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

75 quid was a good price to get the wd hd tv player for jaffa,any issues with ff and fr and lagging ive noticed that when using my memory stick and divx player it can take an age sometimes to fast forward

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive been looking at these for a few weeks now and really tempted to go for the 750 model,only one thing stopping me.....the mrs

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yeah the 750 looks the business alrite if only........

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

There's always that last obstacle that we need to get around...her indoors!!!
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

if the 750 took off big time would there be a need for the likes of sky hd i mean everything would be going through the 750 and being upscaled to 1080p better than what sky currently transmit so would people bother going for it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by glic83 View Post
    75 quid was a good price to get the wd hd tv player for jaffa,any issues with ff and fr and lagging ive noticed that when using my memory stick and divx player it can take an age sometimes to fast forward
    Sorry for delay m8....at work and actually working.....shock/horror.

The only issue I had was that .MKV FILMS are mostly DTS audio and it wont work just hooked up to the box but if you have a surround sound system or similar then DTS is fine.

MKV will play if the audio is ac3. I actually download quite a lot of tv series in .mkv format and these play spot on.

I think WDTV is 79.99 in Amazon, thats about the cheapest.

Sorry DF....I know this thread is about the Markus, I'm just answering a question........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by glic83 View Post
    if the 750 took off big time would there be a need for the likes of sky hd i mean everything would be going through the 750 and being upscaled to 1080p better than what sky currently transmit so would people bother going for it?

Its 1080i but still fantastic picture, and the 750 upscaling and making any dreambox/starview etc a recording box with fantastic timeshift too. ( pausing live tv etc )

And I can vouch for these, got one myself, wrote a few reviews on the 750 myself too will post em up when@ home.

750 is the dogs bollocks to to speak from my testing..
    boom!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by satman View Post
    Its 1080i but still fantastic picture, and the 750 upscaling and making any dreambox/starview etc a recording box with fantastic timeshift too. ( pausing live tv etc )

And I can vouch for these, got one myself, wrote a few reviews on the 750 myself too will post em up when@ home.

750 is the dogs bollocks to to speak from my testing..
    even at 1080i its still better than what sky hd currently transmit in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Sorry for delay m8....at work and actually working.....shock/horror.

The only issue I had was that .MKV FILMS are mostly DTS audio and it wont work just hooked up to the box but if you have a surround sound system or similar then DTS is fine.

MKV will play if the audio is ac3. I actually download quite a lot of tv series in .mkv format and these play spot on.

I think WDTV is 79.99 in Amazon, thats about the cheapest.

Sorry DF....I know this thread is about the Markus, I'm just answering a question........
    Popcorn mkv audio converter will convert from DTS; just takes a few mins and you have a fully playable file.

Unfortunately, the markus doesn't support mkv playback which is its biggest drawback. I've ended up using mine just for upscaling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ive got a cyclone hd just got it today seems ok any good software to play with for it

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Regarding the "Have to convince the Mrs." hurdle

I have found it is much easier to apologise after the purchase than to ask for permission before hand

Good Luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default markus 750

Hi all

Ive got a 750 markus and was wondering how you stream to you tv from the computor can this be done and how ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default sky sports

i was wondering if i can get sky psorts without suscribing as I want to watch the icc world cup . someone told me to go to these asian tv sat shops and they will give me a dish and box. But i don't know if this works can some help me or if their is anyother way. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast