Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starview HD Combo with Spiderbox 9000HD image does not connect

A very strange thing keeps occuring. I have a Starview HD Combo where I used the great image (I was .... etc..) provided by Bytemaster (respect) to give it Spiderbox functionality etc......
    Now, in the last few months, whenever I want to enter details in the Client Setup area and irespective whether it is "c" or "n" in the line start......... it keeps showing as "disconnected".
    My ethernet is also disconnected.

But, when I test my internet connection by doing EPG Download for example, it shows that internet does work through the box as it does download EPG from the nominated server.

I have also tried and tested numerous providers for the section in question and some that I knew from before and none seem to be connecting and I have the status as disconnected.

Can anyone help?

Thank you
    Last edited by blorimirrr; 21st April, 2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: title might have not been as descriptive

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

id be tempted to think of the ethernet cable/connection , replace the cable to start with, make sure the socket on the starview where the ethernet plugs in is properly clean and none of the pins bent etc, after doing all that id then reset the router to factory settings as its possible the epg thing uses a different port to everything else, but im not so sure of that... but worth a try.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hi M8,

Go to the menu and perform a factory reset.
    After this reload your channel list and switch on the hidden menu that allows the sealions access. Starview hidden menu code is 8989 or if using Spider it is 1111..
    Once upon a time it was all about backdoor 0 passwords, now its only about the rsa keys !!!!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------

If this post has helped you........... Don't be shy and hit the Thanks button..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Has any one got a EPG listing because the one I have is a bit of hit and miss?