Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default toyota avensis 2005 info display not working

toyota avensis 2005 multifunction display is not working i open it didnt find any fuse burnd there is mcu nec 784936agf148 i think that is my problem did any one have saolution for this

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I have the same problem,found any solution?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Solution

Hi guys, I had the same problem with Avensis 2005 display. It doesnt work at all, blank, no light, no symbols. I try to find solution here but I didnt find anything. Made more research and find some russian sites with info. I already fixed it - so the problem is in one SMD resistor of "0 Om". As I undestand this resistor its like fuse, but let someone with more knowledge to explain how it is works. Ive made some pictures. I hope that will help some Toyota owners!
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to todorst82 For This Useful Post:

dunnnia (6th March, 2020), ernesto1670 (20th May, 2020), joaquinmjuan (28th June, 2023), laki23 (7th May, 2022), mitsoras (31st March, 2023), veskobx (14th January, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the same problem with mine, it's completely dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hire you are20200507_170344.jpg

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts

Hehehe
    The zero ohm resistor is really a fuse. If blown don't replace it with solder. If there's another fault there will be more damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by todorst82 View Post
    Hi guys, I had the same problem with Avensis 2005 display. It doesnt work at all, blank, no light, no symbols. I try to find solution here but I didnt find anything. Made more research and find some russian sites with info. I already fixed it - so the problem is in one SMD resistor of "0 Om". As I undestand this resistor its like fuse, but let someone with more knowledge to explain how it is works. Ive made some pictures. I hope that will help some Toyota owners!
    Thanks for the photos and input. It was the resistance. It can be changed well, and as the compi says, I would put another resistor, since it is acting as a fuse. In case it breaks, the screen is in a critical place, and the dashboard can be set on fire. I would put a resistor, or even, you can put a fuse there, but without going too far. I don't know what a current resistor 0603 supports, but if I put a fuse, I would put one at most 0.5A.
    That line, I think, feeds the microprocessor. Therefore, the screen is dead.
    Regards, and thank you very much!!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hello, in my case, it is not the resistors, in fact, in the one in question here, 1.6V appears on both sides... I have checked and I have a Display that all the shunt or (0Ohms) resistors are fine. I have marked them with a green oval in the photo. Then, with blue oval, coils that appear 5V. There is one, with a Red oval, that raises the tension a little, and then falls. That tension feeds the screen. Any idea where to look? Thank you!. If you need any measurements, ask me and I'll post it.

Attachment 1004307

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the same issue.
    EDIT: Fixed, it was the 0Ohm resistor. Thanks.
    Last edited by razbab; 28th March, 2024 at 07:15 PM.