Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, how can I play my recorded movies that I recorded in my PC by the Dreambox to my TV?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thanks

Thanks alot for useful information!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default File location

How can i change the location where de files or safed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

like to ask if i use telnet (rounter) to rec will it slow down the rounter connection???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi
    I need help to set up my NAS and record on it. I have a DM500C with DK V.1 immage. I have been able to mount the NAS and even play movies from it but I have problem to record movies on it. If I try to record I get this message "Record failed due to inaccessable storage".
    I have checked the record paths and tried two different set up: /hdd and /hdd/movie.
    Can you please help?
    Thanks
    BP71

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Recording...

I am not sure about DK1.1 but heres my experiance.
    I have a another linux box on the network (192.168.1.x) and its got a whopping great HDD attached to it. I have setup a samba share on it called movies.

After many months 'upgraded' to a neutrino image which was great for everything but NAS recording, I have just reflashed an old Pli Jade image today and have been amazed at how great it records AFTER CHANGING SOME SETTINGS.

Record settings:
    Description – Media
    CIFS, 192.168.1.14
    Mountpoint : /media/cf
    Server Directory: movies
    Username : root
    Password :xxxx
    Options : soft, rsize:8192, wsize:8192

The key thing I found was to take off all the options you think will make it faster - like sync, linuxext, rw etc..and just leave 'Soft'; Its miles better at reading and writing to the NAS. In fact its near perfect now!!!!!! I think part of the problems with recording are dm500 resources - with a 6mb Image like PLi Jade its prob running far less processes and so has plently of CPU left to record nice and fast even while you are watching the thing. With a 8MB image like Neutrino you have to turn off the cam and even then the result is garbled.

Mountpoint is also called 'client directory' (Its the mount point for the dm500!)
    Last edited by trampjuice; 18th June, 2010 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default One more thing

Don't forget to change your 'Recording and Playing Settings'
    Recordings on --> '/mnt/cf/movie'
    or you will be looking at a blank screen and wondering where all the files went and why you can't access them for hours like I did!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default By the way - does anyone know how to

Turn off the cam on Pli Jade images on record, or someway to kill non core processes when its recording - it would prob. record even better then with more CPU left over. (maybe via command line kill ps etc...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yet another thing

Make sure that your server/NAS directory is read write - i.e. chmod 755 on it or under windows right click and change permissions to make it a share. Then check your share permissions work so you can read and write a file to it.

The other key thing is to check that your filewall is not blocking traffic!
    You can test reading and writing from the share from the dreambox by opening up telnet and logging into it.

Form the command line -

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.1/hdd/movie /media/hdd -o user=admin,password=admin

check its mounted properly with 'mount' again.

(obvoiusly replace with your username and pw)

With this you should be able to test that reading and writing from the dbox to the other computer works - that eliminates a lot of problems and leaves only the details of the images setup to worry about!

Then mount the
    Quote Originally Posted by Beppe71 View Post
    Hi
    I need help to set up my NAS and record on it. I have a DM500C with DK V.1 immage. I have been able to mount the NAS and even play movies from it but I have problem to record movies on it. If I try to record I get this message "Record failed due to inaccessable storage".
    I have checked the record paths and tried two different set up: /hdd and /hdd/movie.
    Can you please help?
    Thanks
    BP71

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yo, anyone using Mio box to link up the dream box? It gave me a error message:- CIFS mount '192.168.1.66/record/hdd/movie' Failed! I did all the step, but still the same message.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone can help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm interested in setting up the same but using Ubuntu. Anyone with a step by step guide. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbomett View Post
    I'm interested in setting up the same but using Ubuntu. Anyone with a step by step guide. Thanks
    Looking for the same.
    Have mounted my windows laptop but would like to mount on my linux pc more space and always on. But keep failing to mount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Recording to another PC using NFSDream with TrueGrid NFS Server

ON PC:

1. Start Program / Run/ enter "cmd.exe" - this will start a command window (black background typically).

2. in command window enter

mkdir d:\dreamboxshare
    mkdir d:\dreamboxshare\movie
    net share mymovies=d:\dreamboxshare /unlimited

where
    mymovies is the name the dreambox will see and
    d:\dreamboxshare is the shared directory. It HAS to have a directory "movie" below it, which is where the movies will be recorded.

Note forward and back slashes - it is important.

That is the PC prepared. Remember that this share is public and can be seen by any device on the network (including the Dreambox or other STB).

ON THE DREAMBOX:
    1. On remote press: Menu/Setup/Expert Setup/Communication Setup then press blue button or navigate to "mounts" and press enter. This displays the "Mount Manager". (Gemini)
    2. In the "IP" line enter the IP address of the PC you prepared as above.
    2a. Select "Cifs" in box to right of IP.
    3. Highlight "dir" line and press enter. Key in "mymovies" in the Dir field.
    4. In "Local Dir" key in "/media/hdd" or "/hdd". This depends on your STB but should be "/media/hdd" on Dreambox.
    5. In "Options" select "rw" - VERY IMPORTANT
    6. In "User" and "Password" enter a username and password that have access to your PC.
    7. Click on "AutoMount" if you want the share to be automatically mounted when you restart the Dreambox. (must be ticked for automount).
    8. Press yellow button to save.
    9. Press green button to mount.

Make sure you get no error messages. If it all worked, you should now be able to record on your PC without any special software.

The same method can be used to mount a Windows compatible NAS drive. By using Cifs you do not need a NFS NAS drive (which is typically much more expensive than the Windows versions).

Enjoy.
    **The Worlds Best Interactive F1 Strategy Game**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone out there can tell me if i can use Dm500s to record to PC external drive, first post on this site. Is there any help for this running Windows 7.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast