Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ex5100pvr - Is it possible to view and control from a 2nd tv

Hi all,

I am curious to know can you link a second tv to the eurovox ex5100pvr similar to a sky box and be able to control it from the second tv, using a sky eye link??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

what you can do is have a scart to one tv, and a scart or composite to another. The VCR scart socket should work as an output to another TV.

Another thing you could try is connecting to a VCR, then send the aerial from the VCR to your second TV and tune it in.

Of course this won't let you be able to control it from the second TV as I'm assuming it will be in another room. I don't know of a way to do this other than buy another box

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

yes you can run a coax to a secound tv the sky eye won't work but a pair of pryamids would work or you could have a pair off wireless av senders like the digisender but wireless broadband may interfear with them
    alex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys.

Is there no way of sending power down the output like you can on a sky box, so that the remote control will work(eye).

Also what would you conect the coax to? the loop out?

Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the loop out on the eurovox is for the cable feed, in case you want to send that to another box.

unfortunately I dont think the ex5100 has a normal tv aerial socket. However, if you connect your eurovox via scart to a vcr, which does have a normal aerial socket, you can connect that to the TVs normal aerial socket and tune it in.

Personally though, if I were going to all that trouble fo sending wires all over the house, I'd fork out for another eurovox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi thanks for the response. I might just have to purchase another box.

On a different note, i'm having trouble with the EPG on my current box. Since the clocks went forward last week the programs on EPG are all showing as the wrong times!! I had to manually set time on the box and now that is ok except the programs are showing up an hour out of sync!!
    Also the "7-day feature does not seem to work properly as i only see 1 or maybe 2 hours ahead for some channels. Some of them don't show up at all.

I am located in southern Ireland on chorus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

change the time to GMT, make sure that it is set to GMT+0 and that daylight saving (DL) is switched on.

If that's doesn't work, then just mess about with it until it works. That's what I usually do!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

mate you only have to look at the back of your 5100 and you will see tv coax connection thats where you connect coax cable to second tv ( sl1000 has no rf out ) regarding your clock settings any adjustments to your clock don't take affect till you reboot your box
    alex