Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ASTRA VAN LOST KEY HELP PLEASE

Hello,

I have lost my key to my van and am stuck.

I have opcom, I am applying for the security code 25.00 + VAT

As I have no key at all what are my options? I am stuck to know what key to buy. I know a good place to get my key cut and I think they can do this from a door lock or similar.

I don't know what blade or transponder type to buy, I think my van has an alarm fitted and has remote central locking would I need to buy a different fob for alarm no alarm if so how can I be 100% sure if I have an alarm fitted?

My van is an astra 1.7 dti, year 2003, sportiv version.

Would really appreciate your input.

I live in NOTTINGHAM if anyone knows where to buy the parts.

I really would hate to be giving Vauxhall my hard earned monies, they want 120 quid for key and more to programme.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

I am applying for the security code 25.00 + VAT
    They should supply both immo code and key number when you get carpass, take the key number and documentation to 3dgroup (based in nottingham), they will provide a key and cut it with the code you have, then use opcom to code it in.
    Check out The Number 1 Resource for all Automotive Software with a lot of patience you like me will find what you need...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drakov View Post
    They should supply both immo code and key number when you get carpass, take the key number and documentation to 3dgroup (based in nottingham), they will provide a key and cut it with the code you have, then use opcom to code it in.
    Hey thats great advice thanks for that I will let you know how it goes, need to get car pass now...

Dufner
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,459 Posts

A member on here ,Rapidlocksmiths, is also from your neck of the woods,and should be able to sort you out !
    Aaahh ! I love the smell of Eeprom in the morning...

" We'll come in low out of the rising sun, and about a mile out, we'll put on the music . . . "

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnner For This Useful Post:

drakov (4th July, 2013)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

post dump from cluster if have a 35080

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjrp255630 View Post
    post dump from cluster if have a 35080
    come on mate, he has op com, he has prob gone to the loo to get what you asked for and you will have an unpleasant package in the post

ninja

ps donny, if you give me your key cut code i can post you a cut key, and might have a used remote too!

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!
    NEVER SAY IT CANT BE DONE!!
    The thanks button works wonders!!
    DONT SEND ME PM'S ASKING FOR OTHER MEMBERS WORK OR PASSWORDS

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnner View Post
    A member on here ,Rapidlocksmiths, is also from your neck of the woods,and should be able to sort you out !
    Yup forgot about Pinky (Martin), he will treat you well.. might even give you discount if you mention DK :-D
    Check out The Number 1 Resource for all Automotive Software with a lot of patience you like me will find what you need...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I know its been a short while but had a tedious time grabbing the security card as had to apply for a new log book as well....

I now have the info, would you be able to supply me a key and fob that would be suitable for me to program to the van? If so how much please....

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

3D Group
    465 Westdale Lane
    Mapperley
    Nottingham
    NG3 6DH

You should have went here first as you live in Nottingham they can supply and cut your key code also supply a key at a good price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coolsoda View Post
    3D Group
    465 Westdale Lane
    Mapperley
    Nottingham
    NG3 6DH

You should have went here first as you live in Nottingham they can supply and cut your key code also supply a key at a good price

Their 10 minutes away from me so will give them a call now....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donny121 View Post
    Their 10 minutes away from me so will give them a call now....
    Got to their shop and a young chap refused to cut me a key unless he was programming it so no joy their was very disappointed in their service and the guy was a bit rude as well so wouldn't be recommending them in a hurry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got someone who can cut me a key now but unsure which transponder type key I need, anyone got any ideas, 2003 astra van, key number from card is s1047... also can i use any fob for the central locking or does it have to be a virgin key?

Thanks

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,283 Posts

you will need an ID40 chip , an HU43 horse shoe blade to go on remote , virgin id40 opel chip slots into horse shoe blade and blade fits on the remote .

as an s code yours is HU43 blade , had it been a D number it would have been a YM28 blade .

the remote for your astra G will be 1 of 2 remotes either a bosche non anti theft or the SAM megamoss anti theft , only the correct remote will work , be carefull if buying 2nd hand as 4 to 5 types of remote that all look same across the range .

simple to id which of the 2 remotes you need .

inside the vehicle does it have alarm sensors either on the internal door pillars or on the internal light fitting ?

if it has alarm sensors then you need the sam megamoss anti theft , gen part No 13153083

if no alarm sensors then the bosche RK203 remote is needed , gen part No 93176616.

be careful if buying off of ebay as some of the horse shoes dont fit remotes very well and are made from a hard chinese alloy that often cut very poorly , this is why many wont cut a key you supply yourself as if an alloy blade and it cuts poorly you cant expect them to guarantee it , also with remotes you can use second hand but be carefull not to buy one thats faulty or has a seperated battery carrier unless confident with a soldering iron.

it should be straight forward as long as the vehicle hasnt had a lock change since new , as if it has the key number is useless , these are the times when the car pass is a waste of money , when the vehicle has had locks , ecu and engine changes , i seem to get alot of these on older vauxhall .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 26th July, 2013 at 12:14 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,283 Posts

i do wonder why you have bothered with this route though as you have been without your vehicle for 3 to 4 weeks by time done , and with the costs you have had and will have , ie ,

car pass
    op-com
    horseshoe blade
    chip
    remote
    pay for key cutting

and with the costs of running around and 3 to 4 weeks without a vehicle , it would have cost about the same to get someone out with the right kit to pick and decode the vehicle and program a new or 2nd hand remote in for you , if they have right kit they wouldnt have needed car pass and would have completed job in about 15 minutes on same day you lost them , so no down time.

for a similar cost you would have ended up with a remote key fully guaranteed for 12 months and on same day as lost