Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default wlan settings dont save after reboot

hi all, to add to rest of my problems with this solo clone ,after i set up wlan everything works fine but after a reboot it reverts back to lan, i have to go back through wlan setup every restart, it does however remember the key. never used wlan before so dont know if i'm doing something wrong.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

For you to get any sort of reply which may help we need to know which image you are using on the Clone Solo

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sorry digicon bh2.0.4 as i say wlan (ep-n8508gs) is working fine just reverts back to lan after reboot ,i'd like to unplug at night as stb gets hot and would'nt trust it on standby
    Last edited by athenrybhoy; 11th July, 2013 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

just borrowed a different wlan (tl-wn821n) and this one works after a reboot, pluged other back in and still does not work after reboot.. might have to buy one of these if i cant sort other out

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I know Blackhole have a lot of driver support for WLan drivers built into the image maybe yours has a chipset that is not supported, you would have to put in a request at VUcommunity support for the drivers to be added to the image and so when you next do an online update the drivers will be in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

going to try it on the duo at weekend, might even try an earlier bh cos a few months back i bought a cheap 8 euro usb t tuner that was meant to work on linux and i could'nt get it to work ,so i spent almost ?50 on a win nova and that did'nt work either was using bh 1.7.9 lite at the time and changed to ordinary bh 1.7.9 and both were picked up straight away
    Last edited by athenrybhoy; 12th July, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

tried a few earlier bh images,1.7.9 wlan works and keeps settings after reboot but does not recognise my usb t tuner which i also need (2.0.4 found this )... 2.0.1 both are working so at the moment i'm sticking with this.
    question!... if wlan works on an earlier version did it get deleted or left out or something else on newer version...
    left a post on vu community ,see what happens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

update.. i'm using bh2.0.3 now wlan and usb t are working on this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

just after writing above post decided to try 2.0.4 again ,downloaded again and reflashed and all working well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

arrrgh... ok so on 2.0.4 wlan setting are still there after reboot ,but what im finding is if wlan configuration is first in network list (which it is) and lan is second (which it is) if i reset network to lan and disable 2nd connection (wlan) when i reboot ,it automatically reverts back to wlan ;conclusion only set up one or the other or at least set up the one you would prefer to be the default one first.. think this is what has been happening all along ,i was only trying out wlan to see if it worked,before reflashed my lan setting was 1st in list and when i selected wlan and disabled lan after every reboot kept reverting back to lan