Register
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default PS3 LIGHT OF DEATH FIX

I managed to repair as launch model 60gb PS3 using this tutorial last night.

It's fairly straight forward, just take your time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't want to sound like a complete tosser, but are you sure it's fixed ? What I mean is you posted this tutorial the very next day I mean the problem could resurface could it not ? or is it possible that you got lucky (like with the 360 red ring of death, switch it on after a while and it actually comes on, sometimes for hours and sooner or later it's bitten the dust again) .....I'm just wondering if hardly 24 hours "testing" wasn't too soon ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Ring of Death has just struck me as his next victim. Sony wants 149.99 for a replacement...how you boys like them apples?!?!?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do you like this apple - if your PS3 is out of warranty and develops a fault, use the continuous play plan and get it replaced for a fiver!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I don't want to sound like a complete tosser, but are you sure it's fixed ? What I mean is you posted this tutorial the very next day I mean the problem could resurface could it not ? or is it possible that you got lucky (like with the 360 red ring of death, switch it on after a while and it actually comes on, sometimes for hours and sooner or later it's bitten the dust again) .....I'm just wondering if hardly 24 hours "testing" wasn't too soon ?
    Well......

That 1st one I did is still going strong, but I've done about 10 more and only 4 of them are still working!

They seem to work for a few weeks then die again, it really all depends on what caused the YLOD in the 1st place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

searched the internet for repairing ps3 found a good site and it says chuck it in the bin.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems to me the best thing to do if your PS3 develops any kind of hardware fault, especially if it is no longer under warranty, is to sign up and take advantage of the continuous play system - costs a fiver and nets you a working PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    use the continuous play plan and get it replaced for a fiver!
    Continuous play no longeravailable.
    Seems Sony think people have been abusing the system so as to get PS3s repaired...

Quote from Sony: Dear Continuous Players, we set up this service ultimately to provide a fast, efficient and cost effective way to ensure that your experience with PlayStation 3 & PSP was as seamless and hassle free as possible. Unfortunately, some individuals have chosen to abuse this service and as a consequence we feel that we have no option but to suspend Continuous Play and postpone acceptance of new Continuous Play plans until further notice. We will of course honour existing customer's policies and look to amend the existing provision so that it is less vulnerable to exploitation. Sincere apologies

PlayStation Team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Blinking yellow light PS3

Need some advice on this problem. Can it be fixed at home or will it need to go to a specilaist?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is the fix for this problem easy enough to do for your average joe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Worked sound for me, theres vid's on youtube aswell of the fella doing it. This was a real help.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70SgRDVcBo&feature=related]YouTube - ps3 ylod fix part1 gilksy[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TePnCFKionE&feature=related"]YouTube - ps3 ylod fix part2 gilksy[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmpDwqCgnI&feature=related"]YouTube - ps3 ylod fix part3 gilksy[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGIE77M8zu4&feature=related"]YouTube - ps3 ylod fix part4 gilksy[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZINm3jbZPRE&feature=related"]YouTube - ps3 ylod fix part5 gilksy[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ooJqJgk9E&feature=related"]YouTube - ps3 ylod fix part6 gilksy[/ame]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Or, just ring 08454 04 05 06. tell the man from "trading standards" your story. all gear sold in the UK has a 6 year (retailer) responsibility. if they feel you are covered, THEY will take any legal action required. not as Retailers say, "you'll have to take us to court". a call from Trading Standards has a way of changing a Managers attitude, quite markedly.

either way, what's to loose? the only way a "problem" can be said to be "common", is for as many as possible to contact "trading standards", with complaints. and if your console is not covered by the law (excessive use, or drop damage), all it cost is 4ppm, or free if you are on BT.

repairing this stuff, is only covering Sonys arse. as whitchy says, many pop, sooner or later after repair anyway.

don't take my word for it, ring.

Firemouth rules for life.
    If it aint broke, don't fix it!
    If its broke, fix it and use it again!
    If it proper broke, use it for something else!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks in advance.also is it possible 2 make things worse by trying two fix it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

do any one know how to burn ps3 game and is it easy and with waht dick
    should i burn with and is imgburn can burn ps3 games and will the copy game damge my ps3

I know it a lot of questions but would someone help

*_* copy ps3 games .... how to copy ps3 games *_*

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mabu2812 View Post
    do any one know how to burn ps3 game and is it easy and with waht dick
    should i burn with and is imgburn can burn ps3 games and will the copy game damge my ps3

I know it a lot of questions but would someone help
    Not possible to play PS3 backups anyhow.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast