Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Skybox F5s problem, dim red light with "8" displaying on front of receiver

Hi, Got a problem with a skybox f5s satellite receiver. Have not come across this problem before. Basically on the front display it show "8" and also dim red light.

Has anyone come across this problem before, and solution to fixing this problem.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaisar1 View Post
    Hi, Got a problem with a skybox f5s satellite receiver. Have not come across this problem before. Basically on the front display it show "8" and also dim red light.

Has anyone come across this problem before, and solution to fixing this problem.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards.
    Not got an F5s so going from what I've experienced in other Openb0x/Skybox.

Dim lights on the display have previously been one of two issues. Either the Power Supply Unit failing or firmware gone corrupt.

First try booting the box with the Sat and Ethernet cables disconnected. If nothing happens try another Power Supply if you have one. Last which I think may be the problem Use the recovery tool. Same tool as for the F3 but makesure you use the F5s software.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DW190 View Post
    Not got an F5s so going from what I've experienced in other Openb0x/Skybox.

Dim lights on the display have previously been one of two issues. Either the Power Supply Unit failing or firmware gone corrupt.

First try booting the box with the Sat and Ethernet cables disconnected. If nothing happens try another Power Supply if you have one. Last which I think may be the problem Use the recovery tool. Same tool as for the F3 but makesure you use the F5s software.
    Heres the recovery tool with the correct software. Its the same file for F3s & F5s
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did this work as I have the same issue dim light and a 8. Could not flash the box. Plz help

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

no joy at all, just keep getting stb error.

Anyone else resolve this problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hi guys I got this same problem and I got this when I got my new box and I used the f5 power lead for my new f5s so I think this is what messed it up for you the power leads are different voltages so check this and I got mine replaced when this happened so remember don't use a f5 power lead for the f5s box I was told the firmware got corrupted so you can try and restore it using the rs232 cable and software to fix it but I never tried it because I got mine replaced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Anyone found a solution to this as one of mine has done it, tried different power adapters still no joy, tried several times to re-flash using null cable still wont sync to box.
    Thanks Ian

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emmaian View Post
    Anyone found a solution to this as one of mine has done it, tried different power adapters still no joy, tried several times to re-flash using null cable still wont sync to box.
    All the loaders seem to be set up for the Ali3601 chipset, from what I can tell the F3/F5's need the Ali3602 Loader.
    I have cobbled together bits of the different Ali loaders into one that should work (No F3/F5s to test) and included suitable firmware.
    Attached Files Attached Files

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sattv5 For This Useful Post:

Hadron (7th October, 2013), smokes666 (31st December, 2013), thomaswhelan (26th November, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ok guy`s I have an f5s also with a dim display and the number 8 showing, I have tried all the available loaders to no avail, the loaders will connect to my running boxes,

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default f5s

Lets hope someone has the new loader for the f5s as it looks quite common problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i've also tried every file combo and flashing tool with no luck, used multiple computers to eliminate if it could have been a dodgy windows install etc. I guess we will just have to either get refunds for faulty boxes or sit it out. The boxes i had were brand new, i updated them with the latest official firmware and channel list, rebooted as is usual after upgrades then they both died.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Its a real pain , the loader for the f5s is on the manufacturers website, i will connect to my good boxes but not the dead 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Did you finally find a solution?

I am also having a 8 display. Tried to flash but no result. Any suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello people,

I'm having the same problem. Any help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

any updates peeps? has someone found a working solution to this

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast