Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default God, Battlestar Galactica and what the real God may really be

Ok don't me and rule out my theory just yet or think I am wack and trying to make you believe in God etc. I got a theory about God, you know the bloke that most religions in the world worship and praise, and it comes from the main point of the reinvented Battlestar Galactica sci-fi show created by Ronald D. Moore.

1. Most people think of God as a person, you know a dude with a white beard, wearing a robe, sitting on a chair etc, but I think God is more of a machine/form of intelligence beyond ours, not biological but in the similar sense of a computer AI, very advanced not silicon based (think quantum based computing and beyond) , a being that can literally think of something and that something becomes reality (big bang), a being that exists outside the universe beyond our time and space.

2. The Connection to BSG, God (the creator), makes humans (the creations), humans get advanced they eventually make thinking machines (replicating the way humans think, these are self aware beings), in turn these machines make machines, they get more advanced, machine make biological based machines and the cycle repeats. Maybe due to the fact that the resulting offspring may become too advanced: Each generation gets limited : biological based entities only have a finite life span, non biological based beings have a longer life span, but either way there is a flaw in the dna or coding that results in eventual death / data corruption / war / doom etc.

3. God made us in his image, but he didn’t make us exactly like him, were self aware, smell, taste, touch etc, but we can’t simply think of something and it pops into existence etc were simply a creation of the creator, were designed for a purpose that is only know to him but that purpose is no doubt to worship him etc, but in a sense it could be to see if his creations could eventually come to a point in their existence where they could understand the creator, maybe to a certain extent and actually appreciate what he has done for us. Think of it as a fine wine, leave it longer to mature, you appreciate it more. It’s a two way process with the big man.

4. I probably see God a bit bemused if he created a being that knew it all from day one, a created being that was all powerful etc I guess that would be too easy and no doubt, very dangerous (to create a equal).

So were in a sense, we are a long term project by God to create beings that can learn, develop and respect the master, but were are limited for a reason and a very good reason, man can create life and artificial life, but man or his creations can never be equal to God as this would result in chaos.

So they you go, that’s my theory, I hope the big man digs it. What you peeps think?
    Last edited by comfm; 27th April, 2009 at 10:19 PM.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

welll, i don't believe in a god, my view therefore is limited on this. Talk of god, my god, your god, whatever peoples perceptions of a creator or god they are the biggest cause of war, oppression and murder in our world.

I guess if there was one you could say he has done a ~~~~ing shite job up to now and the future is not exactly looking to rosey for him/her/it.

But you are welcome to believe in whatever you wish, free from oppression...

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

And there are quite a few 'gods' that are mentioned throughout history for different religions. Did they all live in the same time? Were they like rival villages? Who knows!

I'm more of a 'prove it to me and I might believe it' type of guy.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    And there are quite a few 'gods' that are mentioned throughout history for different religions. Did they all live in the same time? Were they like rival villages? Who knows!

I'm more of a 'prove it to me and I might believe it' type of guy.
    True, some religions believe in multiple Gods, some believe in the one God.

Here's one for you:

1. I got a table in my house, who made it?

2. You reply: Ikea etc.

3. I reply how did they make it.

4. You reply: they chopped down a tree in a forest, cut it into bits, chopped it up made it into a table etc.

5. I say, how did that tree come about.

6. You say a seed.

7. I say who made that seed.

8. You may reply over time, evolution, big bang etc.

I say someone had to of designed and built the blueprint of that seed, God or the designer so to speak, put that blueprint into a pool of coded sequences ala big bang.

Even our genetic blue print DNA is so complex, it has patterns and sequences. Its similar to complex coded progamming language but far advanced and no man could of designed it, so who did? I say God.

That my view, I say the evidence is there proving the existence of a super being pulling the strings so to speak.
    Last edited by comfm; 27th April, 2009 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

you're a bit of a loony
    Syntax Error : Integer Out Of Range

Hooray For Tits & Fannies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpider View Post
    you're a bit of a loony
    look who's talking!!!

The Falkirk Wheel. The only rotating boat lift of its kind in the world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I try not to get involved with threads discussing god and religion because it can cause problems with people having strong beliefs.

I am not religious and think that religion is used to manipulate and has been the cause of many wars. The next biggest causes being greed or oil.

As for God -- never met him/her/it

I am tolerant of people with religious beliefs and would expect them to be tolerant of me too.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 27th April, 2009 at 03:56 PM.

The Falkirk Wheel. The only rotating boat lift of its kind in the world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for you input folks, the whole point of the thread was to avoid religion and just concentrate on the theory of God in relation to a sci fi show and my take on what God is, I hope no offense was caused and I respect everyone views on here.
    Last edited by comfm; 27th April, 2009 at 09:53 PM.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I do not think any offense was caused bud. I guess we did not pick up on the actual point of the thread as you saw it and what direction you were expecting it to go. Easily done I am afraid...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post
    I do not think any offense was caused bud. I guess we did not pick up on the actual point of the thread as you saw it and what direction you were expecting it to go. Easily done I am afraid...
    all i have changed the title to make it easier to follow
    Last edited by comfm; 27th April, 2009 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by comfm View Post
    True, some religions believe in multiple Gods, some believe in the one God.

Here's one for you:

1. I got a table in my house, who made it?

2. You reply: Ikea etc.

3. I reply how did they make it.

4. You reply: they chopped down a tree in a forest, cut it into bits, chopped it up made it into a table etc.

5. I say, how did that tree come about.

6. You say a seed.

7. I say who made that seed.

8. You may reply over time, evolution, big bang etc.

I say someone had to of designed and built the blueprint of that seed, God or the designer so to speak, put that blueprint into a pool of coded sequences ala big bang.

Even our genetic blue print DNA is so complex, it has patterns and sequences. Its similar to complex coded progamming language but far advanced and no man could of designed it, so who did? I say God.

That my view, I say the evidence is there proving the existence of a super being pulling the strings so to speak.
    who made god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

So they you go, that’s my theory, I hope the big man digs it. What you peeps think?
    with words like 'digs' and 'peeps' i think you smoke too much weed and take too many trips mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ok don't me and rule out my theory just yet or think I am wack and trying to make you believe in God etc. I got a theory about God, you know the bloke that most religions in the world worship and praise, and it comes from the main point of the reinvented Battlestar Galactica sci-fi show created by Ronald D. Moore.

1. Most people think of God as a person, you know a dude with a white beard, wearing a robe, sitting on a chair etc, but I think God is more of a machine/form of intelligence beyond ours, not biological but in the similar sense of a computer AI, very advanced not silicon based (think quantum based computing and beyond) , a being that can literally think of something and that something becomes reality (big bang), a being that exists outside the universe beyond our time and space.

2. The Connection to BSG, God (the creator), makes humans (the creations), humans get advanced they eventually make thinking machines (replicating the way humans think, these are self aware beings), in turn these machines make machines, they get more advanced, machine make biological based machines and the cycle repeats. Maybe due to the fact that the resulting offspring may become too advanced: Each generation gets limited : biological based entities only have a finite life span, non biological based beings have a longer life span, but either way there is a flaw in the dna or coding that results in eventual death / data corruption / war / doom etc.

3. God made us in his image, but he didn?t make us exactly like him, were self aware, smell, taste, touch etc, but we can?t simply think of something and it pops into existence etc were simply a creation of the creator, were designed for a purpose that is only know to him but that purpose is no doubt to worship him etc, but in a sense it could be to see if his creations could eventually come to a point in their existence where they could understand the creator, maybe to a certain extent and actually appreciate what he has done for us. Think of it as a fine wine, leave it longer to mature, you appreciate it more. It?s a two way process with the big man.

4. I probably see God a bit bemused if he created a being that knew it all from day one, a created being that was all powerful etc I guess that would be too easy and no doubt, very dangerous (to create a equal).

So were in a sense, we are a long term project by God to create beings that can learn, develop and respect the master, but were are limited for a reason and a very good reason, man can create life and artificial life, but man or his creations can never be equal to God as this would result in chaos.

So they you go, that?s my theory, I hope the big man digs it. What you peeps think?
    that does not make, anybody/thing, a god. it makes it a designer and manufacturer. so unless you see Mr Benz as the "god" of all cars. the guy/thing that designed us, could not be called god.

as for BSG. Gods are supernatural beings. so the Cylons would be aware that we (the designers) were not god. simply an instrument of god, sent to create them. but then its only a story, and not a good one at that. imo.

Firemouth rules for life.
    If it aint broke, don't fix it!
    If its broke, fix it and use it again!
    If it proper broke, use it for something else!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only ancient gods I can see are the sun, moon and the stars. The people back then worshipped something they could see. The sun god does not appear that often in this region. If there is such a thing as a 'God' I'll believe when I see it.
    I can't wake up Grumpy now in case I am accused of Dwarfism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forntida View Post
    The only ancient gods I can see are the sun, moon and the stars. The people back then worshipped something they could see. The sun god does not appear that often in this region. If there is such a thing as a 'God' I'll believe when I see it.
    I think the "sun" god turned into the "one" god. there is good evedence that Arkenaten (Egyptian Pharaoh), worshipped the "Arten" (sun), as the one and only god. this is why he was viewed as a "hieratic", by his contemporaries. it also seems that the "Exodus" may have taken place during his rule. psalm 104 (though opinions differ) is a translation of one of Arkenaten's own hymns. indeed, despite what the Fairy tale/ oops sorry "bible" says. his court could be the true birth place of Judaism. lets face it. they had to make up some story, as they attacked and invaded they land of Palestine. what better story than to claim, ancient title to the area with false history? just my opinion. (well not opinion really, more a shot in the dark). it does sound eerily familiar though, does it not?

Firemouth rules for life.
    If it aint broke, don't fix it!
    If its broke, fix it and use it again!
    If it proper broke, use it for something else!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast