Register

Thread: DM500s Bricked?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Exclamation DM500s Bricked?

Hi,
    I recently bought a 500s first box, it had the comando 14.7 image on it, my friend set it up for me and all worked well for a week, i then lost the channel list think this was my fault playing in the menus. So my friend tried to flash the same image onto the box as his the Gemini image, but it got 3/4 of the way through and then crashed.
    When i turn it on i get a green light, but not picture or sound, i have tried to connect to the box through dreamup, but it doesn't connect.
    I've looked in the router settings to try and find the boxes ip address, but it's not even logging it in here.
    Is the box bricked? is there anything i can do to fix it?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm unsure how my friend flashed it, but when i was trying to connect back to the box it was over the Lan, is it worth while me trying to connect over a 9pin Null modem cable? where is the best place to buy one of these?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks yeah i'd looked on Google and eBay just was unsure if there was a trusted seller or anything. I'll have to see if i've got a connector on my motherboard, or dig out an old box, What program would be best to flash the image across with this method? and do you have any recommendations of what image to use?
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Jok, really appreciate the quick replies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Jok, just want to thankyou again as i'm all back up and running

6. The Following User Says Thank You to keelin For This Useful Post: