apple tv media boxes 2 or 3
Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default apple tv media boxes 2 or 3

anyone , help or tell me ..why are these popular .. what can you actually get . to make worth while to purchase ..was going to get one to stream footie to my tv but not sure if its worth it ..

im no expert ..thanks
    dreambox 800 tech 500 ( ubuntu 10 .04)... 1 m dish v box 2 acuator ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    anyone , help or tell me ..why are these popular .. what can you actually get . to make worth while to purchase ..was going to get one to stream footie to my tv but not sure if its worth it ..

im no expert ..thanks

If you do not jail break it your locked into a very limited set off apps, though you can use air play to stream from your iphone/ipad also opening up more apps, now you can not jail break a apple tv 3 (you used to be able to run plex but last update blocked this though if you have a mac computer your meant to be able to get round this), but you can a 2.

Atm there is only a teathered jailbreak, this means you have to plug it into a pc to power it up, rumours have said that a un-tethered jail break will be released for ios7 but no ios7 jail break as of yet.

Main advantages of jail breaking are xbmc and if you use atv black the infuse media player is also included which rocks and can play almost any format.

Tbh I got mine cheap and if I was looking at another box then a ruko 3 might be what I went for instead as these can run plex, Netflix and lovefilm or go cheap and get a nowtv box and sideload plex. Android tv streamers ment to be very good also but not looked at these.

Jail breaking a apple tv 2 is very easy if you use seas0npass and atv black, atv black is pay for software but is worth it and if your tight fisted can be found on the normal sites........ seas0npass is free though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ajax2061 For This Useful Post:

leez (20th September, 2013)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

thanks .friend , my friend was asking me and I didn't know .. what was free or hacked .. new ballgame to me
    dreambox 800 tech 500 ( ubuntu 10 .04)... 1 m dish v box 2 acuator ..