Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Duo2 - Your opinions.

Hello everyone.
    I currently have a skybox f5s. Although this is a great little box its more of a bedroom type of device rather that a full time lounge device.
    I am going to take the plunge and get myself a duo2. Not sure i agree about the difference in the price from a solo2 but i think i'll be future proofing myself with the space for extra tuners and extra umph.
    Anyway i just want your opinions on a few things. I know everyones taste is different but i like to have as much info as i can before making decisions.

First of all, what do you think of the images. Which do you think is best. Blackhole seems popular but i see good reports about vix.
    What do you think has the best feel, the best ease of use, the best look.
    I will be wanting to set up a cc**m so which is easiest to do this on.

How easy is it to download the add ons? What have you found to be the most useful add on?

Finally, do you think the price difference between the solo2 and duo2 is justified?

Thanks in advance people. Hope you can share your thought with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, I should add. I'm looking for it to be wife proof. She need to be able to turn it on and it just works. Epg, recording, channel surfing ect..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superowl View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I currently have a skybox f5s. Although this is a great little box its more of a bedroom type of device rather that a full time lounge device.
    I am going to take the plunge and get myself a duo2. Not sure i agree about the difference in the price from a solo2 but i think i'll be future proofing myself with the space for extra tuners and extra umph.
    Anyway i just want your opinions on a few things. I know everyones taste is different but i like to have as much info as i can before making decisions.

First of all, what do you think of the images. Which do you think is best. Blackhole seems popular but i see good reports about vix.
    What do you think has the best feel, the best ease of use, the best look.
    I will be wanting to set up a cc**m so which is easiest to do this on.

How easy is it to download the add ons? What have you found to be the most useful add on?

Finally, do you think the price difference between the solo2 and duo2 is justified?

Thanks in advance people. Hope you can share your thought with me.

Hello

why not a duo box? That's what I have and I'm more than happy with it as I had a skybox before and they are really basic compared to these, also blackhole is the best image in my opinion
    I've pm you more info buddy

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

duo is an old box he said duo2,dont think even i would go for that expense and the multi tuners never get anything done ,fab piece of kit but the solo2 does the job for me.firmware matter of choice i just use vix on them all.