Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM 800 hd pvr no tv picture

Hi All, Can anyone advise please? in recent weeks the DM 800hd pvr (now 4 years old) does not display picture on TV. Does not display the boot up image or channel. Itthen re-appears a few hours later or sometimes days later! Ithought it might be faulty tuner, I have changed tuner but it still on someoccasions remains black no picture then re-appears. Is the receiver shot?
    Last edited by gwalia; 26th October, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

It could be on its way out but maybe worth a shot at re-flashing the image to a more current one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, thanks, The screen / TV is still black, no picture. I can see channel info on front lcd. Can you recommend a flash file? I think the box has bootloader 72 (72 appears on LCD screen in early boot sequence. The box info is - Dreambox: DM 800, Release: 0470, Kernel: Linux 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800, image: 02.09.2010, emigma: master. Does any of this info help with selecting an appropriate flash file? Thanks.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You would require the Sim information when the box boots up which is generally the first thing that shows on the LCD screen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi digicon, the sim is 2.01, I have looked at the sim inside the box.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Plenty of images here in the download section for your receiver make sure you get the correct Sim type first: Images - Downloads - Digital Kaos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, I 'll have a look, am I looking specifically for sim 2.01 ? and not sim 2, or sim 2.1 etc.? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Just try any image that is sim2 or sim 2.01. Don't try any older sim 1 images or ferrrari images, Andy.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Have you checked leads?

Also faulty tuner would not stop a picture.

Try new leads/dif tv etc and report back. Also what image is on the box now, can you ftp into the box?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys, Thanks for the advise, I have not been able to make a connection to the box via the I.P. until the last minutes. the box would not accept the root and password via the I.P. address. I have reset the password in the box and can now can access to flash a new file. There are no loose connections or cables, I have checked everything several times. The boxes just blacks out no picture without warning and a reboot does not bring it back. I will now try a new image, Can you point me to the exact image I should use based on the current set up. current set up is; bootloader 72, Dreambox: DM 800, Release: 0470, Kernel: Linux 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800, image: 02.09.2010, emigma: master, sim 2.01. Thanks much appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys, The box is confirmed as U/S. The box boots up , front oeld displays channel info and the channel audio can be heard. But No picture / video. The picture came back for few hours and then just blacked out, the channel audio continued. Thanks.