Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsandbolts View Post
    Hi. Sorry mdt but all the TM5402's have this noisy fan problem and they cant all be faulty... Dont know about the MK2 though
    mine is MK2..it is a fault (fan fault),because there are units that don't have this issue.also like I said in earlier post,Technomate offers sending replacement fans to people who have noisy boxes.they have to open the receiver and replace the fan themselves.the noise that I'm talking about is not a "whizzing" noise as if fan was in contact with something,it's a quite but very noticeable and annoying high pitched noise that literally rings in your head! it's unbearable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Remove all your details from the addon screen before you Flash original firmware. You won't be able to see the addon when the original firmware is being used but the first person to put a phantom patch on will not need to add the addon again it will appear automatically again including all the details that were previously on there if they are not removed first. At least that's what happens on my m1 5402
    I did factory reset then installed the official firmware.
    is that enough? (so there is on sign of patch left) because I've already sent the box back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I record the fan noise with my iPhone,here is the link to the audio file :

http://www.wikiupload.com/Z5JH6M8BQ39PAS6

fan is off at first,turned on at around 5 seconds,the I turn on and off few times.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amanpour View Post
    I did factory reset then installed the official firmware.
    is that enough? (so there is on sign of patch left) because I've already sent the box back!
    It will be as long as the box isn't sold on then installed with phantom patch or as I stated earlier the addon is likely to reappear automatically with all the details still on it. Factory reset does not remove the addon or any patches only the user settings of the box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    It will be as long as the box isn't sold on then installed with phantom patch or as I stated earlier the addon is likely to reappear automatically with all the details still on it. Factory reset does not remove the addon or any patches only the user settings of the box.

this is a major flaw in the patch that i noticed myself recently.... a good tip by my m8 is flash a blank csinfo file over the one with sensative details on to wipe everything. @amanpour are TM fixing your box and sending it back or have they just replaced it with a new one. regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
    @amanpour are TM fixing your box and sending it back or have they just replaced it with a new one. regards mdt
    no,I bought the receiver from a third party seller,sent it back to them for refund,undecided about buying a new box at the moment.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amanpour For This Useful Post:

mdt (30th October, 2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12