Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. You are absolutely right but thats why we love it. There is always someone who has a different problem from someone else. By the way do you know anything about Spiderbox receivers, i have been offered a 9000HD new for 90 pounds. Are they as good as a 5402???
    Regards.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I haven't had much dealings with them at all m8 do wouldn't like to comment. I've only ever seen them being used, never used one myself

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsandbolts View Post
    Hi. You are absolutely right but thats why we love it. There is always someone who has a different problem from someone else. By the way do you know anything about Spiderbox receivers, i have been offered a 9000HD new for 90 pounds. Are they as good as a 5402???
    Regards.
    Ramjet is probably the best man to answer that as i believe he is a current user of one, My own findings with them are the 2 biggest bug bears is one they dont like Technomate Motor's in USALS mode and two they can have problems with a certain version of a popular Cam being used particularly beginning with the letter C

4. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

happy_highlander (7th November, 2013)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

No different to the 5402 if the sender is over a specific version then

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    No different to the 5402 if the sender is over a specific version then
    Never seen that problem HH on all the ones that i have seen anyway works straight through from 2.0.11 to 2.3.0, Tested it myself on my own 5402 never had an issue

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I never found out what version they were using digicon but it clears on vu no problems and although it registers as connected on tm it wouldn't clear. It was very weird but not something I spent to much time on. Only really went as far as a couple of fresh flashes at which point it cleared for a few minutes but that was it so I got fed up and filed it away under ballache for another day when I can be bothered

chris0200

Just to update you all on my sync issues. n definitely works better than c, just need to sort out the picture freeze now. Been using homeplugs but just ordered a load of cat 6 to see if things improve.

Thanks all

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chris0200 For This Useful Post:

happy_highlander (9th November, 2013)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Cat 6 won't make a blind bit of difference. The ethernet port in the tm is only 10/100 so cat5 could carry it but cat5e would be more than enough. Homeplugs work perfectly and I'm beginning to think you have an issue with Internet if everybody you try is freezing. When was the last time you did a full system reboot. By that I mean box router modem the full works

chris0200

Cat 6 won't make a blind bit of difference. The ethernet port in the tm is only 10/100 so cat5 could carry it but cat5e would be more than enough. Homeplugs work perfectly and I'm beginning to think you have an issue with Internet if everybody you try is freezing. When was the last time you did a full system reboot. By that I mean box router modem the full works
    The router was reset a couple of days ago as we occasionally have drop outs on our long line. I suspect we also have noisy mains as the laptop (connected via another home plug) has been lost connection a couple of times in the last few days. However, on turning the HPs off and on we then get the signal back and can remain stable for ages. If I am right then connecting direct to the router may help, what do you think?

Thanks again.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Yes definately. If connection to other devices is dropping off noticeably you don't stand a chance of receiving anything freeze free. Thing is does anything drop off when connected directly to router. If so then you have a bigger problem you need to address before you start messing with anything else on the box

chris0200

Yes definately. If connection to other devices is dropping off noticeably you don't stand a chance of receiving anything freeze free. Thing is does anything drop off when connected directly to router. If so then you have a bigger problem you need to address before you start messing with anything else on the box
    Been working in my office today, as opposed to on the sofa, directly connected to the router and no drops yet. I have also been running Router Stats Lite software to monitor my connection over-time. Hopefully, my theory about the home plugs is correct, soon see the cable should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks again

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I have 4 tp link av200 homeplugs serving a mixture of stb and smart tv with absolutely no issues compared to hard wired stb. I'm also aware of another member who has homeplugs from house to garage connected only by armored cable with no issues. These are also used to stream hd content from nas to smart tv and cope without issue.
    Last edited by happy_highlander; 10th November, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

chris0200

Appears that the mains was causing the issues. Now have a cable training round the house and very few issues over the last couple of days. Now just need to route the cable up to the loft and down again.

The only issue I now need to sort is getting the 7 day planner to work.

Thanks for the help chaps

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chris0200 For This Useful Post:

mdt (14th November, 2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12