Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesnz888 View Post
    Thanks Martin, Can you please shed me some light over why Tradelock is selling Mr. Li tools on their own website as for "Hobbyist" while promoting their own as for "professional", we all know Tradelocks owns "Genuine Lishi" brand while "Original Mr. Li" tools is owned by Mr. Li.
    i cant answer your questions factually james , only they can do this , my only role is in testing , training and demo , i am to them what chris law is to OL with just as little influence outside of testing and training and demo , outside of this i have no role and no influence at all , i run my own business 2 hours away , i test tools , i demo tools and i train , i am not involved in their daily business , im too busy running my own to get involved in the business of others , and im sure most would not be keen to dscuss their businesses decisions with the hired help , which is all i am in reality.

i do not have this knowledge or influence im afraid , the best advice i can give is to contact david directly , you have his email and you have his skype , you both talked last week and were getting along fine , so i suspect direct communication will at least gain you factual answers as they are the only ones that have the knowledge to answer your question factually , and im sure like last week when you both communicate like grown ups as you did last week you will again resolve your differences.

what i can state as fact is that if they advertise a product as made by mr li , then this is what it will be , uk consumer law would be all over them if not and the risks are just not worth it for any uk company , you dont get away with the things the chinese resellers do here im afraid .

as i say i enjoyed our meeting last week , and i enjoyed talking with you , lets not leave it so long next time .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 11th May, 2015 at 12:31 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

. . . . . .
    Last edited by viw9419; 3rd November, 2015 at 06:30 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to viw9419 For This Useful Post:

jamesnz888 (11th May, 2015)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Thanks Viw9419,

Do you know why TL want to sell Mr. Li tools even they have their own brand called GL, Mr. Li tools were marked down as " For Hobbyist" on their website there but from the people's feedbacks here Mr. Li tools are premium quality, never break and smooth to use. Is there any hidden business agenda ? I really do not understand what TL want to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by viw9419 View Post
    Could it be as simple as North West Keys are selling them at a higher price and so TL have obtained some and are selling them cheaply. Usual business practice for TL, sell things cheap and offer no backup.
    Dangerous ground selling them as "hobbiest" by claiming that they are not for professional use then that would imply that these are a consumer sale and covered by the Sales of Goods Act (as amended) and so can be returned to them when they break.
    Unlike the shoddy TL tools, I have never had a Mr Li tool break so perhaps this will be a non issue.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Thanks Martin,

I am really glad we got a chance getting together with Mr. Li at Just Cars 2015, USA, Mr. Li mentioned about meeting you at Just cars a couple of time during our trip, he treats you as a very close friend beyond any business, he brought a set of his own tools from his factory and carried them around until he met you, he just wants to be able to give his tools to you in person, he is a innocent, sincere and honest person you want to make friends with.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts

James i dont think i need to make friends with mr li , this was done long long ago , as you know mr li and i are already close friends and always will be , and i will relish every opportunity to meet with him and communicate with him , im hoping to go to china later in the year so may try to get a look at his new premises when on my own , spending some time with him at the show in arizona was the highlight again for me and my only regret is we couldnt spend more time together .

the business stuff is always best left to the suits , this world differs to ours alot .

i think they have removed the term hobbiest tools and put this now into their big tradelocks sale section which is more apt i think .

At the end of the day james if tradelocks are still buying tools from mr li factory and still selling them then at least mr li is getting these sales , so mr li wins and also tradelocks customers win as they get original li tools in uk from uk stock at just ?19.99 each , so everyone wins , mr li and their customers , i prefer to see the positives rather than the negatives , and every sale for mr li is a positive , and tradelocks offering both brands is beneficial to their customers as they too get a choice .

i prefer looking at things as the glass is half full rather than half empty , seeing positives is much better than looking for negatives i think
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 11th May, 2015 at 01:51 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

whiskeyman (11th May, 2015)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Martin ,
    thanks for letting me know TL has removed "hobbyist" from Li tools sections. TL bought these tools from 3rd party because Mr. Li said he has NOT sold any tools directly to TL since late 2013, nor any communication has been made.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

What a mess.... now we have different key cutting machines with different names, lishi,condor have different picks with different labels its stupid. I buy my picks from apollo and will continue to do so.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sparkz02 For This Useful Post:

obdsystems (20th May, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

The Mr Li 2 in 1's seem to have been removed from TL?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

. . . . . .
    Last edited by viw9419; 3rd November, 2015 at 06:30 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

i was going to order one of each, but i might as well go to apollo or honrow now

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts

Ive just looked , these are listed obscurely under the tradelocks big sale on their website .

Ninja informs me that the HON58R 3in1 has a GL badge and serial number and not an image of mr li head on it , so that clears that mystery up .

james : what ever their sources im sure they wont share them , they tend to keep the sources and their contacts to themselves like most businesses , communicate with them direct and resolve differences , a non confrontational life is far less stress at the end of the day and detracts from what is important in life .

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Thanks Martin,
    As you know I am a busy locksmiths like you, running around for may jobs each day and have NO intention to make enemy or any confrontation with anyone.
    Just like many Mr. Li supports here on DK and around the globe, we speak out when Mr. Li is mistreated or people are misled to wrong belief.

I am so glad Mr. Li tools has been removed from "Hobbyist" area from TL, many of professional locksmiths here are using Mr. Li tools on daily basis, we all thank him for his tools.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    Ive just looked , these are listed obscurely under the tradelocks big sale on their website .

Ninja informs me that the HON58R 3in1 has a GL badge and serial number and not an image of mr li head on it , so that clears that mystery up .

james : what ever their sources im sure they wont share them , they tend to keep the sources and their contacts to themselves like most businesses , communicate with them direct and resolve differences , a non confrontational life is far less stress at the end of the day and detracts from what is important in life .

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

i received an order today from UAP and my hu101 hasn't got the Mr Li logo or the txt on the rear........

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Did you purchase GL brand or Original Lishi Tools. if you purchased Original Lishi Tools brand then your tool is supposed to have Mr. Li head logo and also the statement saying " This is tool is designed and manufactured by Mr. Li..." on the back of tool, otherwise it is NOT Mr. Li tool.

Of course your tools will not have Mr.Li head logo if you purchased GL brand, however Mr. Li has NOT made tools for GL brand for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by estate View Post
    i received an order today from UAP and my hu101 hasn't got the Mr Li logo or the txt on the rear........
    Last edited by jamesnz888; 19th May, 2015 at 05:38 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesnz888 For This Useful Post:

estate (19th May, 2015)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Ok will contact Tradelocks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast