Register

Thread: 3 questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool 3 questions

I have a Vu + Duo clone and been offered a deal from a mate, means I could buy a new Vu + Solo2 for about an extra ?100.

3 questions

1 is it worth ?100 or so extra for the solo2

2 if I go for this is there a way to backup the duos image to USB so if there are any problems it's easy to get the image back. At the moment it have a Ferrari Vix image that seems solid but in the past I have had images that have had problems and crashed - even tho I've backed up to the hard drive, I haven't been able to get to the Hard drive to restore. (I don't want to spend too much time at my mates if he messes the image up)

3 is there a way to take off the recordings I have on the duo ( the wife's coronation streets and East Enders ) and transfer them to the solo2

thanks for any help and opinions

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

yes most of all moving from a clone duo with problems to a better box solo2 original.
    no idea with black hole if there is a image maker backup ,if there was it might detect you had one made and found it on hdd to restore.
    depending on size of recordings use a large usb stick formatted and setup to move recordings from hard drive to usb.

if you had both boxes connected to internet with vix images you can network browse find enigma2 boxes and add as network mounts and you can move films/view from different locations in house.