Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Best place to buy VU Duo or Solo clone

Hi guys

Where the best place in terms of reliability and cheapest places to buy VU Duo or Solo clones from? (Preferably with Ferrari sim).
    Please PM me if you cannot post a reply to my thread

I'm hoping to get recommendations of places that people have purchased from
    Last edited by Mr S; 23rd November, 2013 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If someone can PM me too that would be great. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dont waste your money on clones, get the real thing from various suppliers ie: Goldwafers, World of satellite, Red Apple Digital etc..
    Last edited by digicon; 7th January, 2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: No Direct Links Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The only reason to get a clone would be your budget... Other than that, clones can be problematic and in very few cases dangerous. Clones can have hardware faults like poorly manufactured PSU or poor design causing overheating issues which in turn can cause unstable performance. In some cases these hardware problems have been known to cause physical damage to equipment (property). The reason they are cheap is because of the cost cutting during design/testing and manufacturing phases.

The other problem you could run into when using clones is software/firmware incompatibility. This is means you might find yourself doing a lot of searching around and testing yourself before you can use your device properly. In some cases it might mean your device may be bricked requiring even more technical knowledge to bring back from the dead.

Overall, i would say while tempting due to price, clones are best avoided for those who want hassle free setup. On the other hand, it is possible to get well manufactured and stable clones with a good reputation from reliable suppliers. I think the some the dreambox SE clones fall into that category.

Regarding vu solo and duo clones... A lot seem to be coming onto the market at the moment and reasonably priced. If your heart is set on buying a clone, it would best to wait and see which clones seem to be most reliable in the long run. That way you save money. Many of the early duo clones had poorly made PSUs meaning a lot failed after a few months - back then the duo clones were going for well over ?150.

I have recently read on these forums about duo clones being in the ?70-100 price range. Which on the face of it, is tempting. And personally, i would recommend a stable and safe enigma2 linux clone reciever over the openbox/skybox receivers. Currently i am using a solo clone with a relatively old vix image and it still blows the socks of an F5 in terms of usability, features and interface - you get 7 day epg, picons, streaming to mobile devices, skins, airplay etc. ...now it all sounds good but the problem with clones is you risk having a greater chance of things going wrong somewhere down the line.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redondo5 For This Useful Post:

blacksheep (11th May, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi, can only afford a clone so if someone can recommend a seller would be much appreciated.

Would like to know if all solo boxes that say v3.2 mean its a genuine Ferrari chipset?