STV HD ON FREESAT NOVEMBER 2013 ?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question STV HD ON FREESAT NOVEMBER 2013 ?

Hi, I currently have my freesat tuner that is built into my Panasonic tv tuned into a London postcode because quite simply they give 1 or 2 more HD channels.

However, as I am in Scotland I would like to add STV HD as of November 2013, can someone please tell me how to do this ?

I know how to get into the tuning menus etc, so that helps I guess, .

Just sick of not having STV HD on Freesat when I know it is meant to be available.

Also, I heard on the grapevine that channel 5 HD could be coming to freesat soon, anyone got any good reliable sources of info on that too ?

Cheers guys n gals

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You wont see Channel 5HD now for years seeing as they just tied in with $ly's basic package just a few weeks back. The only new HD channels arriving are the ones from the BBC ala CBBC HD, Cbeebies HD, BBC3 HD, BBC4 HD, BBC Red Button HD

Not too sure if you can manually tune in STV HD as you would lose the Freesat EPG i think your only choice is to change the postcode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    You wont see Channel 5HD now for years seeing as they just tied in with $ly's basic package just a few weeks back. The only new HD channels arriving are the ones from the BBC ala CBBC HD, Cbeebies HD, BBC3 HD, BBC4 HD, BBC Red Button HD

Not too sure if you can manually tune in STV HD as you would lose the Freesat EPG i think your only choice is to change the postcode
    you don't even get stv HD on freesat mate if you use a Scottish postcode and do a scan,hmmmmmmm ? (not interested in the epg either).

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    you don't even get stv HD on freesat mate if you use a Scottish postcode and do a scan,hmmmmmmm ? (not interested in the epg either).
    If your not bothered about the EPG then do a manual scan at least then you will have STV HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    If your not bothered about the EPG then do a manual scan at least then you will have STV HD
    but a manual scan on what freq's etc etc for my tv freesat ? If I run an autoscan I have to put in a postcode, so I put in London's and that gives me all them channels, but then I want to add any extra for Scotland here such as any Scottish HD channels like STV HD for example, know what am sayin mate ?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Right sorry about that i know what you mean the only Freesat Badged Smart TV's i have had dealings with are the samsung,LG and Toshiba all of which had a manual search function instead of using the Freesat search mode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

do a manual scan on transponder 56.. FREQ. 10.936.V.23000. 2/3 DVBS2/8PSK/MPEG4

channel id is. 3855

its STV West but its the only version a available atm

regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
    do a manual scan on transponder 56.. FREQ. 10.936.V.23000. 2/3 DVBS2/8PSK/MPEG4

channel id is. 3855

its STV West but its the only version a available atm

regards mdt
    the telly only has options to put in "transponder frequency" and thats 5 digits long, then an option for polorization and one for symbol rate ????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    the telly only has options to put in "transponder frequency" and thats 5 digits long, then an option for polorization and one for symbol rate ????
    the frequency is 10936, polarization is vertical (or V) and the symbol rate is 23000, that should work?