Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

might look to test one of these... what is the going rate direct from the suppliers in china via alibaba or china based websites?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I've now had mine for around a week and so far no real problems.

The tuners in the box isn't as sensitive as the one in my old Duo v3.2 or even my old dm800se. I also have to make sure that the image I'm using has the pre December drivers in it else the box won't load and will display HW Error on the front display. No real gripes, I've taken ViX 802, manually update the driver package using opkg then copied over the old drivers to overwrite the newer, I've then been able to update the box to ViX 808.

In terms of Ferrari and their clone and support, I'm not too sure personally, their support is really slow and their forums, the people who run the forums can be very rude and abrupt, not too sure I'd consider that worth waiting for. There are rumours of a v3.3 update for the Duo, that's now been ongoing to 7 odd months, the last update took around 7 months to come out also.

There are rumours around that there is already a v2 version of the solo2 which will accept later images such as BH 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 but I've not managed to find the forum where this is being discussed so can't say for sure.

I've asked my supplier re support for newer images, hopefully if there is a revised v2 version of the box then here's hoping that the box can simply be reflashed. I've not heard anything back yet from my supplier due to the Chinese New Year and their 2 week break.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12