Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Epson and other printers

Hi, I edit and produce our Church magazine every month, I use a lot of colour and got fed up buying ink cartridges. At the moment I have an Epson SX 130, I have been using refillable cartridges for over a year and they worked fine until last month. Suddenly the printer is acting as if there is no ink in the cartridges although they are full. I am wondering if it's to do with the lifetime of the darned ink pads and would like to download your software to try on it. I've tried different cartridges but they are not recognised.
    I am 66 years old, a pensioner and can't afford 'proper' ink cartridges. If this doesn't work I will have to buy a new printer. If I buy a new printer I would prefer an Epson as I like them. But can you recommend an Epson for which I'd be able to use refillable cartridges? I got my last lot from Ebay, very reasonable. The printers, as you know, are cheap to buy and that's because they are expecting to make their money out of us buying their cartridges for the rest of the printer's life.

Can you help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For Refillable Cartridges T1281-4 T1291-4 each Auto Reset Chip is powered from a battery N:377 1.5v
    If this battery is discharged the printer will stop recognizing the cartridges.

check this video to find how to replace the battery

3. The Following User Says Thank You to erebus For This Useful Post:

althom40 (26th December, 2013)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

The other possibility is that Epson updated the software in the printer when you looked away.

Picked up an Epson XP-312 before christmas, connected it to the wifi & told it not to update. Next thing I know it won't accept the compat carts. Despite being told not to update, it did.

Took the printer to a friendly shop who flashed the software so it will never update again. New compats are due in the country by Feb. The new compats will work in printers that have been updated.

When you get it working again you might want to look into CISS instead of refilling all the time.
    Canker

"Animal, vegetable or mineral... I'll do anything, to anything, with anything"
    - The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells
    [COLOR=Green]