Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New User looking for advice

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a satellite box to replace my sky+ hd box. I'm a total noob when it comes to anything satellite so please be patient..... :-)

I've been reading many forums but have decided to join DK as it seems to have the best direct answers to various questions. Again apologies if my questions have already been answered.

Ive been looking into the VU+ Duo. With this box would I be able to record one channel while watching another? Like the sky box.

I have also come across being able to obtain channel lists via servers (touchy forum subject). Is it possible to do this with the VU+ box? If this is possible how easy to setup/reliable are they?

Thanks in advance

Chris

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    278 Posts

excellent box although there are even better and newer boxes like the duo 2 or solo2 , or maybe the gigablue or tm twin which are similar to the duo

the twin tuner boxes with internal hdd are required for what you want, which is the same thing as your plus box

rest assured that you can do the "necessary", but we cannot talk about it on here, same as most forums ban it too

you wont be disappointed no matter which box you choose, but it takes time to understand linux boxes like these , so some technical ability is preferable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for the quick reply ramjet! I will do my research on the boxes you mentioned.
    I have some technical ability, If I have a good walk through / tutorial I don't think I would have a problem. I suppose it all depends which box I choose.
    Ahhh the "necessary" , are they easy to locate? I.e google?

Thank you

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    278 Posts

plenty of info in the VU forums here on setting up, which is more or less the same no matter which vu box you choose , most of the files and plugins are used on any of them (common) , but images are specific to the actual box so choose the correct one for your model

cannot answer the last part of your question, as you should not even be asking it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for the help ramjet. Looks like I just need to get myself familiar with this forum a bit more and commit to buying the box I want and the box I'm confident with setting up.

Ok I tried to put it discreetly........

Thank you again!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    278 Posts

putting anything discreetly wont entrap people into indiscreet replies though