Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Catch 22 softmoding Japanese Wii :(

I bought from the carboot a Wii only to find it all in Japanese . I cant softmod it as i cant find out what version the wii is, as "setting" within the wii doesnt work>
    wii error.jpeg

I believe the firmware is below v4.0 as there is no sdhc support (It doesnt see a 8gb sdcard) so i was going to take a gamble it was on 3.x.
    I tried Modmii but it is unable to download the necessary files as the servers must be down, & my copy of Zelda wont load fully (goes to a blank screen) which kills that exploit also.
    I have also burnt "wii-system-menu-update-JAP-v288 dvd" which just came up with a Japanese error message.

Tbh, im stuck.. bad!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All sorted now, back in english and running backups. Very pleased with myself if i may say so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone know why a JPN console cant find UK WIFI. I have searched multiple Wifi's and changed channels, but im getting "none found"