Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Technomate 5402 assistance required for mediaset channels on Hotbird

Hi All,

Appreciate some help here.

I have a fixed satellite dish and a technomate 5402 receiver. I live in the UK and my missus is Italian. We are therefore interested in the Mediaset channels that are available on frequency 11373 H 29900 on Hotbird 13 degrees E.

This frequency setting was not available on my list and the closest that I had was 11375 but still I was not getting the channels. I therefore deleted 11375 and added 11373 and included the correct parameters. It immediately found the channels and I
    thought that I was away. But alas after shutting down and coming back later the channels are again unavailable.

I have updated the firmware, done a factory reset and scanned several times but am now unable to get the channels.

Please advise what I am doing wrong as I have spent several hours trying to get this sorted and am out of ideas.

Thanks in advance guys

Allan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smeyatsky View Post
    Hi All,

Appreciate some help here.

I have a fixed satellite dish and a technomate 5402 receiver. I live in the UK and my missus is Italian. We are therefore interested in the Mediaset channels that are available on frequency 11373 H 29900 on Hotbird 13 degrees E.

This frequency setting was not available on my list and the closest that I had was 11375 but still I was not getting the channels. I therefore deleted 11375 and added 11373 and included the correct parameters. It immediately found the channels and I
    thought that I was away. But alas after shutting down and coming back later the channels are again unavailable.

I have updated the firmware, done a factory reset and scanned several times but am now unable to get the channels.

Please advise what I am doing wrong as I have spent several hours trying to get this sorted and am out of ideas.

Thanks in advance guys

Allan
    you could try a pre-made list but you shouldnt have problems if you are getting enough signal as they are straightforward dvbs/mpeg2. what size is the dish and what lnb is it? try a short blind scan from 11300 to 11400 in horizontal. regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Are the channels that you require fta / or scrambled. are you going into advance search, putting in on the transponder details, then press the red button on the remote which should scan the the said transponder and save after the scan. even after you switch the receiver off the transponder should still be in the data base.

Dennis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
    you could try a pre-made list but you shouldnt have problems if you are getting enough signal as they are straightforward dvbs/mpeg2. what size is the dish and what lnb is it? try a short blind scan from 11300 to 11400 in horizontal. regards mdt
    Hi MDT,

Many thanks for the response. That is exactly it, there was a signal and the channels where there. Sometime later the signal was not apparent. It is a simple 90 cm dish and a single lnb

regards

Allan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by den1 View Post
    Are the channels that you require fta / or scrambled. are you going into advance search, putting in on the transponder details, then press the red button on the remote which should scan the the said transponder and save after the scan. even after you switch the receiver off the transponder should still be in the data base.

Dennis
    Hi Dennis,

That is what I did. The channels where still there but there was suddenly No Signal. I have a Nagravision card for the channels

regards

Allan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

was the weather very bad when you lost signal? also check for a short in the cable and make sure the outer braid isnt touching the inner core at the f-connector at the back of the box,regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
    was the weather very bad when you lost signal? also check for a short in the cable and make sure the outer braid isnt touching the inner core at the f-connector at the back of the box,regards mdt
    Hi MDT,

The weather has become rubbish again now and I do not think that there is an issue with the cable as we have hundreds of other channels, just not the ones that we want .

The mystery that I cannot solve is why we even got the channels in the first place when I entered the new parameters? I would be more comfortable if we never received the signal but what would make it suddenly work and then not work??

regards

Allan