Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Menu, plugins, download plugins, look in there to download it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sorry for delaying to respond but we had some problems with boiler. I did as you instructed but still I got no where. I had response from the chinese seller saying that it might be the place where the sim card goes, and not the sim card, but because of chinese holidays it will take until 8th of February. Do you know what they talking about. Sorry for the trouble, if you had enoigh I will understand and many thanks for your help.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

If you flash the image which you linked in 1st post it has the tuner already configured, along with auto bouquet plugin, not sure what the seller is on about, my 1st thought would be faulty tuner , try the image 1st and see what that does, free view channels should work right away mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I did as you said but no channels, you think I should get a new tuner?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tassos View Post
    I did as you said but no channels, you think I should get a new tuner?
    if you have tried a good known working sat connection to the box and flashed that pre-configured image and still getting no channels then yes, I would look at the the tuner being the problem mate , as I said earlier tho, make sure the tuner is sitting in its connection slot correctly and fully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi thanks for your help, I did all those things and I still no channels I also took out the tuner and put it back again and the same result so I will try to get another and let you know the result. I f you know a reliable source to buy from please give me details, again a big thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

not sure of a reliable seller mate, but another thing to try if you have a spare is change the power supply , its a long shot but worth a go if you have one knocking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi as I promised I am updating the situation up to now. I bought a new tuner and after instalation I get the same problem, no channels on scan. I did olso tried another lead and that did not work. One thing I want to point out in case it has something to do with my problem IS that the date on the box is Thursday 1 January 1970 dispite that I got the jone on DUBLIN LONDON etc. Is not that peculiar? any ideas, any way if this is the end of the road thanks very much for trying to help me and it looks that I was sold a faulty box, Oh well thats life .

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Hi as I promised I am updating the situation up to now. I bought a new tuner and after instalation I get the same problem, no channels on scan. I did olso tried another lead and that did not work. One thing I want to point out in case it has something to do with my problem IS that the date on the box is Thursday 1 January 1970 dispite that I got the jone on DUBLIN LONDON etc. Is not that peculiar? any ideas, any way if this is the end of the road thanks very much for trying to help me and it looks that I was sold a faulty box, Oh well thats life .
    that's a very weird fault, I aint so sure its a faulty box mate, did you change the power-supply for a working 12v one ? (I am not telling you to go buy one btw as already feel lousy about you buying a replacement tuner). also try to load settings from elsewhere, either use Medlock settings via dreamboxedit or use the autobouquet plugin as you will not need to scan for channels then as they load all settings automagically, both these can be found in the red sticky section here DM Bouquets & Skins let us know how it goes please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for your reply. I did use another power lead from a working Dreambox. I installed another image Merlin-3_OE-1.6-final-dm800se-sim2-ssl-84b backup by @tytus 56 and it loaded well and the correct time is back now. I did spend some time reading the link you posted but I,AM afraid I am not very good in doing what they talking about. Dont forget I am over seventyfive and it takes a lot now aday to understand things, so I will try but I dont expect a lot. If there is a tutorial or some easier instructions I could follow I will appreciate, but whatever it happens I am very gratefull for taking the time to help me, thanks a LOT.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tassos For This Useful Post:

southpaw (2nd February, 2014)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

over 75, Pffft, still wet behind the ears , bet you would run rings round the numpties in the openbox section , i aint sure what to advise now mate , i know i keep harping on about it but the pli image you linked to is pre-configured for uk sat , so barring hardware issues it should work with no scanning or user input necessary. if you were a bit closer to north west i would take a look for you. were did you buy the box mate ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi thanks for your kind words. I bought the box from China and of course because trhey have new year time for two weeks!!!! they do not respond to messages yet, not until the 8th, so I have to wait until then.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tassos For This Useful Post:

southpaw (3rd February, 2014)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Hi thanks for your kind words. I bought the box from China and of course because trhey have new year time for two weeks!!!! they do not respond to messages yet, not until the 8th, so I have to wait until then.
    Hi.

Can i ask your location please. There could be someone local to you who could take a look at this.

Im going to have a good read of this thread to try suggest something for you.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

EDIT

After just reading over the thread. Can you do the following please.

Go into menu.
    System
    Service searching
    Satfinder
    Under satalite, select 28.2 and post SNR levels.

If you get a good signal and lock. Come out and into tuner config

Select your tuner
    These are the settings you want :

Config mode : simple
    Mode : Single
    Satalite 28.2e

Now download DBedit from the downloads
    instal it
    Download catseyes from here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...t-01.02.14.rar

FTP accross then check BBC in your area

At any point, your struggling, or unsure, or it does not work on a stage. Reply and let us know where your upto

Thanks
    Last edited by cunny; 3rd February, 2014 at 01:48 PM.

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cunny For This Useful Post:

southpaw (3rd February, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi, sorry it has taken so long to reply but I had to see my dr, more tablets I asked for some for the box but he refuse, thats my luck. Following your advise the signal is SNR 76% AGC 38% BER 0 it locks and shows green tick, but when i exit to system and then go back to satfinder the signal is unlocked and i need to click ok again for the green tick and lock again. The story repeats if i go out and come back again the signal is unlocked and I think thats why I cannot scan for channels. If we could lock the signal I think that will solve the problem. Now I am going to get the DBedit and the other program you reccomend and see if anything happens.Keep you informed, thanks again, by the way I live in Gloucester

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Hi, sorry it has taken so long to reply but I had to see my dr, more tablets I asked for some for the box but he refuse, thats my luck. Following your advise the signal is SNR 76% AGC 38% BER 0 it locks and shows green tick, but when i exit to system and then go back to satfinder the signal is unlocked and i need to click ok again for the green tick and lock again. The story repeats if i go out and come back again the signal is unlocked and I think thats why I cannot scan for channels. If we could lock the signal I think that will solve the problem. Now I am going to get the DBedit and the other program you reccomend and see if anything happens.Keep you informed, thanks again, by the way I live in Gloucester
    Snr is fine, could use a nudge but ive seen worse.

If you need help with dbedit and ftp your channels, pm me or reply to thread

Everything looks ok so dont worry

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12