Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PaphosAL View Post
    Just to be safe, guys, please run with this baby, as we had two false starts yesterday...

The OFFICIAL Commando 15.0 Release is datestamped 31.01.2014 10:21 today

Anything dated 30.Jan 14 is foo bar (my fault)

Lorra new stuff, so READING the new helpfiles is vital

C15 is NOT available as a C14.7 online update! It's a brand new release and time to move on now...

We'll still be maintaining C14.7 online updates for another couple of months, just to help the poor sods with locked-down boxes, thanks to greedy low-life traders making money out of our FREE shared work!

These bottom-feeder 'providers' are not gonna like C15 though, thanks to our wicked sense of humour, LOL!

Cheers- AL

Finally got a minute to pop this on the trusty DM500. And what a difference it makes, love the new boot logo!

Everything is as it says on the tin, (readme files), and I always do Autobouquets are spot on and I think I see where you have "spoiled" it for the bottom feeders, although I always try to change my root password via telnet at all times. Just having a problem doing it now

I will report back over the next few days once I have run the image in a bit. Although I can't see a V15.1 anytime soon as it's hard to improve on this!
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

i'm vexed now as i have no 500 to try it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smirnoff_rules View Post
    how to you get adult channels working ? l have turned the option on and also in channels its on show not hide . did scan and so on but dosnt show ? any ideas
    "Did scan"? Please read the helpfiles, SR! More importantly, study the GUI hint lines more carefully when you change options in the 28.2E AutoBouquets Wizard menu on BLUE > BLUE > GREEN m8...

Changes will become active on the next run of AutoBouquets, if you can afford to wait for less than 60 seconds, LOL!

BTW- watching that shite will make you go blind, I hope you know that...

Cheers- AL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

paul93 (22nd April, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Just to mention, for typical 28.2E users running C15.0 there should be absolutely NO need to to run a Service Scan! Lraizer's latest AutoBouquets N1 does all this for you, in no time at all now...

For users on locked-down trader boxes stuck in the C14.7 time warp, we're still supporting daily monitoring and updates (if needed) of the AutoBouquets Fast Mode and repair kit options (both online only) until the end of March 2014. After that, online update OSD message will suggest that you manually upgrade to the infinitely superior Commando 15.0 image.

Cheers- AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I done a maca went out an got a 500s flashing now can't wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv1 View Post
    I done a maca went out an got a 500s flashing now can't wait
    box was dead tuner buggered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

ok got another one flashed it put it on the sat feed told it i was in Tipperary said say nothing no pop ups till done lit a ciggy missed the pop up did it again ffs your joking 30 seconds done

what an image well done to all involved think sats was a bit sarcastic bout the bootlogo do

well done

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mtv1 For This Useful Post:

PaphosAL (13th February, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Worked out the things that I had issues with.
    Last edited by Jimmyinit; 9th February, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

wowww, another awesome piece of coding , how you squeeze this much out of dated hardware is quite mind-boggling, well done fella`s
    only slight issue/query i have is this , in the getepg text help file
    So, the second field is 1 = EPG ON or 0 = EPG OFF. Easy one this. ON for prime channels,
    but OFF for the naff ones, like those in News, Shopping, etc
    not quite understanding how i config it to my preferences, ie, its a kids bedroom box so only want epg for kids + movies
    any pointers most welcome

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Can I ask what this means?

""These bottom-feeder 'providers' are not gonna like C15 though, thanks to our wicked sense of humour, LOL!""

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
    Can I ask what this means?

""These bottom-feeder 'providers' are not gonna like C15 though, thanks to our wicked sense of humour, LOL!""

It means that traders can no longer lock the box with a password as you cannot change the root password via telnet or other. Good thing to protect the normal guy buying a box bad thing for the traders which I agree with.

However I and many others always change their password as it is another layer of protection when leaving a port open. A correctly configured firewall does this either way but it is still something that I think could be looked at in another way, which could lead to the same outcome of resetting the password as opposed to blocking a change at root level. As said just an opinion which is only based upon my usual "to do" list when installing a new image.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satsmo For This Useful Post:

flyingpig (10th February, 2014), PaphosAL (13th February, 2014)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Big decision that was and can see why it was made , but for me it pretty much renders the card slot useless on this image as i would be wary being locked down to default user pass for root access, am sure it was taken for the benefit of the majority of users tho , still awesome piece of work

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Ah right.,.,., I am with you now.. Thanks Satsmo!! Yeah, on my boxes the passwords have all been changed as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the man View Post
    teting now , thanks
    its very odd and un needed to have the epg set up this way, just make epg download for 24h on every channel , theres no need to have 2/3 days epg on some chs and none on others , 24h on every channel then we can set it up to auto download epg over nite ect .
    Think outside of the box please, like Commando GetEPG has been doing for the past two years? This ain't OpenPLI epg, so many days for ALL channels, even crap ones you never watch, FFS!

If you read the helpfiles for GetEPG, they'll explain how you do all this, and why! It is NOT a good idea to set ALL channels for the same number of EPG days. If LraiZer (the designer of this epg platform) tells us this, and we pass this info onto YOU in the helpfiles, then WHY are you trying to foobar the system?

Premium Entertainment: 4 days
    Premium Movies / Sports: 7 days
    Average shite: 2 days
    Stuff you rarely watch: 1 day
    Total shite: 0 days

Nice to be in control, innit? Enigma can't do that, LOL! Muster the DM500 memory resources and use them to the best advantage is our way of pleasing users...

Cheers- AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

On the password front, guys, Lincsat came up with a stunning idea, and Lraizer has helped us hard-code it deep inside the very heart of the neutrino binary itself...

In the next day or so, Commando 15.0b will see the passwd file back in /var/etc where it always has been, and still 'unpassworded'

If a user sets a password for user root via the Telnet passwd command, but then subsequently forgets what the password is (for Telnet / FTP / remote access), they will now have a new Settings Menu option (hard coded): Reset root password

...which will take the password back to C15.0b default, no password, along with accidental button press confirmation 6 sec time-out dialogue box, done message if confirmed, and bi-lingual too (English / German, depending on which lingo is default)

Jeez, we never sleep...

Cheers- AL

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

bobsylas (15th February, 2014), flyingpig (14th February, 2014), southpaw (15th February, 2014)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast