Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Backup Lenova laptop with Win8

Hi chaps,

I have a lenova laptop with windows 8 preinstalled ' but would like to back up the O/S to disk just incase my hdd Fails.

Unfortunatly i have not got a clue how to do this and hope one of you guys can help me out

Cheers chaps

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i do not have a Lenova myself but i have fixed a few

i had a quick look and they have to seemed to moved on to use the usb (16 GB apparently it must be) to restore the system for windows 8 and left the other removable media behind.

Methodology to create Recovery Media and reload a Lenovo Think system with Microsoft Windows 8 preload

you can make a startup repair disk so if your boot processes become corrupted or stop working you can just recover them allowing windows to start.the startup repair disc is no means a replacement for the backup media so should have both really and it is only an alternative method in most times saving the operating system allowing people gaining access to their systems but does not restore the system only fixes errors to the boot.

how to create system repair disc

1.put in a blank dvd
    2.Press the windows key+ R key, type recdisc, press Enter,
    3.Select your cd/dvd/bluray drive and allow it to create then that's it.

you might want to backup your serials
    Jellybean Product keyfinder
    http://www.magicaljellybean.com/down...rInstaller.exe
    Last edited by Reapers; 23rd January, 2014 at 02:18 PM.