Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive had a panasonic 42 inch plasma for the last 8 years or so aprox it cost me 4 k when i bought it and its still a great picture now,i have a 42 inch hitachi plasma aswell 1080i hd on a motor stand that is a sharper picture than the old panasonic,i am buying the new panasonic 46 1080p with built in free sat hd it is class and the best you can buy apart from a pioneer kuro but the pioneers cost as much as i paid for my first set so the new pana is the one for me,samsung arnt the best of tvs thats why you can buy one for under 500 quid in a 42 inch and why the picture is shite my first plasma was a lg i got it home from shop ,turned it on some pixels wer gone and it was like watchin the screen through a net curtain,i took it straight back and bought the panasonic i mentioned,i still have a toshiba 36 inch tv picture frame 2 model with the big back on and the picture is class on that,but that was 2k in its day,it has built in dolby d 5.1 the works it wont be worth much now all the plasmas ect are out,
    Last edited by bigfella9; 3rd January, 2009 at 10:13 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i needed to update my 40" monitor to the new pioneer kuro plasma 50 and no wonder they say no tv comes near and adding blue ray aswell wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If you look on sites that deal with the techie side of this the opinion seems to be that if your buying over 37 inch then it has to be plasma. lcd dark/black colours just dont look right on a 42 inch screen and clarity is better on plasmas. As for the tube question when I first bought mine someone told me that I would need to get the tube re gased every couple of years but I've had this running 3 years and the one in my shop 4 years and theres no sign of them giving in yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I have a 42" LG Plasma TV and the picture is great, totally makes lcd look rubbish.

After the first 100 hours calibrate it with digital video essentials, the same as the experts use and the picture will be nothing but spectacular.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink hope samsung aint to shite

i got a 42" plasma and its looking good so far , any thing i need to know with it ....

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D8MNZ View Post
    i got a 42" plasma and its looking good so far , any thing i need to know with it ....
    well you really narrowed down the detail, not, so how can anybody answer you question. If you require assistance please state a make and model. thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post
    well you really narrowed down the detail, not, so how can anybody answer you question. If you require assistance please state a make and model. thanks
    ok my bad did state its samsung ie in the title model number

Samsung PS42B430

hope this helps , aye relax im a newbie on ere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For screen sizes over 40,they always said Plasmas are better then LCD,yet now with the latest technology LED are apparently the best to buy.Any opinions on this new technology

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
    For screen sizes over 40,they always said Plasmas are better then LCD,yet now with the latest technology LED are apparently the best to buy.Any opinions on this new technology
    awesome....
    has to be seen to be believed
    Mubz

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234