Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default please help newbie

hi guys....I have a skybox f5s.....i was unable to watch boxnation so i thought id have a play around with the box to see if i could get it to work...anyway it appears ive messed it up...i then did a factory reset without backing it up.
    I then put AJs channel list onto usb...so i have now got all the channels back..but all the pay channels are scrambled....does anyone have any advise for me please
    thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

check if the magic bit is there, if it is, does it say offline if it does make sure your box is connecting to the internet and that's as far I can discuss here with you.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iannowi View Post
    hi guys....I have a skybox f5s.....i was unable to watch boxnation so i thought id have a play around with the box to see if i could get it to work...anyway it appears ive messed it up...i then did a factory reset without backing it up.
    I then put AJs channel list onto usb...so i have now got all the channels back..but all the pay channels are scrambled....does anyone have any advise for me please
    thanks in advance
    nobody here can help you obtain a paid for service illegally as its against forum rules , if you have factory reset it then the only person who can help you is the bloke who configured the box , and he aint here !

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'd get in touch with who you got it from and get them to explain how to put the magic info back on the box.

Beat me to it.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iannowi View Post
    thanks in advance
    If you reset your box back to "Factory Settings" without choosing any other options to reset in the pop up box that appears, then your "important" information will still be there. What it sometimes does though is turn off DHCP. So go into menu > network local settings > network setting > ethernet > setup & check that DHCP is set to ON.