Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Re-flashed Dream Elite 4.0 image and now I can't get my channels back - HELP!

I tried installing a couple of newer images, one of which was Dream Elite 4.1, and it came up with "WRONG ARCHITECTURE", so I went back to Dream Elite 4.0 (which is driving me insane anyway as it's forever locking up) and then I've had a brain freeze about how to set up the channels.

I'm not sure what I've done but I've scanned for channels under automatic scan with the tuner configuration set to a simple one, it found all the 28.2E channels and then comes up with 'service unavailable'.

So I go back in, set it to an advanced tuner configuration - based on the link below although my dish isn't motorised but I can't find the equivalent for a static dish, but at least the advanced mode looks like what I'm used to, and then after putting in all the details from the guide below, I then go back to automatic scan and it starts searching 19.2E for no apparent reason and I don't recognise the channels it's finding. I don't want it to search 19.2E, I want 28.2E Sky channels. Help!

I so rarely flash an image so I keep forgetting what I need to do and it drives me up the wall.

I've installed CCCam 2.3.0 and the SgtFlipFlop bouquets from 11.12.13 but, as I say, I'm getting no channels onscreen, although I appreciate I'll need to do a new scan before I can see them.

PS. I've no idea what usals means, either.

PPS. I tried automatic scan again and realised it was finding channels for both 19.2E and 28.2E but while it finds them, it still doesn't bring up a picture. I've gone into Satfinder and it's showing 83% for both satellites, so I'm totally confused

PPPS. Just reflashed the image, did the advanced settings, did Satfinder and it went straight to 28.2E at 100%, and then I've gone into auto scan and it only searched for 28.2E channels. Beforehand, I'd ftp'd Sgt Flipflops bouquets, I then rebooted it once it had scanned, but still, I'm just getting each channel saying "Service unavailable. Check tuner configuration".

In the SGTFlipflop 11/12/13 bouquet, it says the list of channels as they should be, but for all the other bouquets, it lists n/a for them all. I'm completely at a loss as to what to do.

My bootloader is version 84 if that helps.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-dm800-108809/
    Last edited by alantreet; 23rd February, 2014 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

I'm guessing you have a motorised setup? Easiest way is in tuner configuration is set it to simple have mode as positioner and putn the correct long and lat for your address. Then either use auto bouquet plugin or the latest Catseyes bouquets on. No need to scan.
    Get your long and lat from dishpointer.com
    Check the picture attached to give you some idea.
    Ps this is still fine if you have a static dish.
    Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to andy91 For This Useful Post:

alantreet (25th February, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Sent you a pm check this link if you go ahead and flash the 84b nfi bootloader the download is on the last page of the thread.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...loader-394826/

Andy.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andy91 For This Useful Post:

alantreet (25th February, 2014), southpaw (24th February, 2014)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

If you wanna update to latest then "wrong architecture " generally means you need to flash the "84D" boot loader 1st ,

simple, single, 28 east , is all you need for tuner settings

7. The Following User Says Thank You to southpaw For This Useful Post:

alantreet (25th February, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks very much for your help, Andy, and also to Southpaw for the info re: wrong architecture. I'm using a more up to date image now and it's working a treat. I did get some stuttering during a recording from BBC1 HD today, though, which I don't normally get, so I don't know if that's the image I've tried, but I've only just tried using the image so I'll see how things go. Given how the Dream Elite image was making the box lock up every time I looked at it, to have my Dreambox act normally is like a breath of fresh air

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alantreet For This Useful Post:

andy91 (25th February, 2014)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alantreet View Post
    Thanks very much for your help, Andy, and also to Southpaw for the info re: wrong architecture. I'm using a more up to date image now and it's working a treat. I did get some stuttering during a recording from BBC1 HD today, though, which I don't normally get, so I don't know if that's the image I've tried, but I've only just tried using the image so I'll see how things go. Given how the Dream Elite image was making the box lock up every time I looked at it, to have my Dreambox act normally is like a breath of fresh air
    I always found D-E images buggy mate, if you considered switching then pli is probably the best/lightest image and once configured never seems to cause issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have a big problem that's happened today. Something's happened where I was setting up a recording via my browser and the Dreambox rebooted when I hit 'enter' on the keyboard instead of 'save'. Rather a force of habit in general on a PC, but something happened and the Dreambox rebooted, then got stuck halfway while booting up. I could only unplug and reboot, at which point it just kept rebooting,rebooting,rebooting on its own. Wouldn't stop.

Twice I've tried to reflash the image (an OpenPli one from Feb 2014 which I know works - for some reason another one I tried in Dec 2014 didn't work, and when I asked on their forum, they seemed confused as to why the Feb 2014 had worked as the Dec 2014 one wasn't for this box, apparently). Anyway, I reflashed the Feb 2014 last December and it was fine. Today? I flash it, it boots up to the usual screen, but when I set up the satellite and I go to scan for new channels (whether automatic or manual), as soon as I press 'scan', the box reboots. And I'm just going into a forever spiral.

When I last tried a non-OpenPli image, I tried a few and they were awful. It would lock up often and I had to reboot daily just to use the damn thing.