Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Scrambled or no video

Have had had a kryptview for nearly three years.

I periodically (around every two mins) keep getting a scrambled or no video message on the tv. The picture then returns for 2 mins before I get the message. Am based in Leicester and used the postcode fault checker. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Also does anyone know what's happening/wrong?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

try rebooting box and router to see if it clears having first checked all connections.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

2kool (12th March, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have checked all connections and rebooted the box several times with no success.

I've checked the FTA channels and they are all working and I don't get the message scrambled or no video. I also have a VM TV sub, so I don't think it should be a signal problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

rebooted router?maybe box needs a factory reset/rescan and using correct net id?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are u using the VM super hub as a router to ur box? Had similar problems in the past until I put my super hub into modem mode and used it as a modem for belkin wireless router I brought. Then plugged my box into the belkin router.
    At ?30 for the new dual band wireless router it was well worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the posts.

Cactikid - if I was to reset the box and rescan would I need to load the firmware again. When I first got the box I experienced issues loading it on and had to send it back and the person who sold it to me did so. Also how do you find the net id for your region.

Kilo90 - I was thinking about doing this, although I've been using the VM superhub for a year or two without any problems. I have a dynamode router so may give this a go. In terms of the belkin wireless router you bought do you have a link to this as I may upgrade to this. Also does this affect your BB speed. I'm currently on 30MB, and would I still be able to achieve these speeds using the Belkin router.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have also been experiencing the same issues as 2kool. I live in Leicester and this issue started roughly around a week ago. I get the scrambled or no video message and then the picture returns as normal. Both router and modem have been restarted and I have done a factory reset and re scanned using the correct net I'd but to no avail.
    Any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jc786 View Post
    I have also been experiencing the same issues as 2kool. I live in Leicester and this issue started roughly around a week ago. I get the scrambled or no video message and then the picture returns as normal. Both router and modem have been restarted and I have done a factory reset and re scanned using the correct net I'd but to no avail.
    Any ideas?
    jc786 - when you did a factory reset and rescanned did you have to reload the firmware to the box?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

menu system information will give you your firmware date it should be august 2013.

how is box wired to lan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is the router I use not the newest but for ?24 its and good buy and has never given me any problems.

Belkin Play N600 Dual Band 4-Port Wireless N Cable Router F7D4302uk For Virgin | eBay

As for broadband speed I found speeds improve when connected wirelessly you'll find only moving short distances away from the super hub the down speed and ping drop off drastically. Just tested my connection using the speedtest.net app on my SGS4 and got 30.01mbps down 2.13mbps up and 18ms ping via WiFi tho the test was at 3am.
    If all else fails I'd give this a try at worse you'll have better WiFi for your home.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

a factory reset only erases channel data not firmware,are you using superhub 1 as that drop wifi and is best put into modem mode and add a router if needed.