Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Dreambox dm800hd clone No Ca Found

Hi everyone first of all im quite new to all this however when i have tried reflashing the box couple of days ago i must have done something wrong and now its coming up with no ca found, i went and got rs232 male to usb cable and 9 pin female to female null modem cable, downloaded about 10 different dreamup with patched and ncf sim2 v2, when i connect the usb to the laptop it actually picks up port COM3 I have fallowed the instruction online but i still got no further than POWER ON DB DEVICE [ESC TO ABOUT] i wonder where do i go wrong here ? been trying last couple of days and still no joy i have attached some pictures of the cable that i have and the error sign on the dreambox any advice would be much appreciated

Thank you all in advance and have a great weekend!
    IMG_1383[1].JPGIMG_1384[1].JPGIMG_1385[1].JPG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Try it on a desktop pc that will sort it, also couple decent programs in downloads.

Andy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi andy thanks for quick reply but i know one of my mate had the same issue and he resolved it on his laptop..i'm doing exactly what he done with his dreambox and im getting no joy been messing about with it almost all day today just cant figure it out ? i have literally downloaded all sorts of programs including dreamup,ncf sim2,dreambox optiflasher pro,sunray flashup and so on but still cant get it working ? and downloaded lots of usb drives to support the usb to rs232 that didnt work either even changed the port numbers on device manager i might have to take it to somewhere who has a desktop or maybe need new cables ? if i cant get it sorted this weekend im gonna smash the hell out of it thanks for the advice anyway

Hakan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Ive never had any luck with these usb to null modem cable on a laptop yet on a desktop pc with windows Xp it works instantly with Dreamup. Its a game of patience im afraid.
    See if you can download other drivers for the cable. The cable must be null modem and not cross over cable.
    Have you tried this Dreambox NO CA FOUND Repair Tool NCF SIM2 v2.5 - Downloads - Digital Kaos

Andy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi again andy mate i know yeah im not having much luck with this usb to rs232 cable but i dont think thats the problem tbh its the extantion cable between it 9 pin female to female null cable somehow it wont much up with the usb one..null cable could be faulty as it is an old cable this is my mission for the weekend missing all the channels i had already and yeah i've tried that program already,select port (detects the port straight away COM1) SIM2 SSL-BT seleceted (DM800-SIM2.01-SS184a) Model on auto detect when press start button it wont go any further than Power ON DB Device [ESC to Abort] it actullay detects the port (usb to rs232) but it wont go any further to box im hoping it's my null cable that faulty since it's an old one.if not like u mentioned before might end up using someones pc for few mins that all i need thanks for your patient and help

Hakan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still couldnt fix the box i went and bought new null cable but still no joy i wonder if my sim broken ? i've opened the box and checked the sim out cleaned it etc and fitted it back in but still nothing where do i go wrong ? i almost tried all usb drivers just incase that was the problem but i can see it on device manage saying the device working properly its really doing my head in now dont no what to do.. i have even tried it on different laptop, couldnt find any pc that have port connection! arghhhhhhhh
    The sim card has a little bump on it ? is this mean its broken ?IMG_1391[1].JPGIMG_1392[1].JPG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Two options are to try on a desktop pc or spend about 25quid on a new Sim 2.10.

SECURITY SIM CARDS - ukdreamshop
    Andy

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Sim Looks OK if it was damaged the box probably would not boot, I think your main problem is you need a PC with a Proper Com Port all those USB adaptors are dodgy to say the least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally sorted the box, it was the null modem cable that wasnt working..all up and running with latest openpli 4.0 image thanks for all your help and support!

Hakan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

HI all,

i am having the same issue with my dreambox 800se hd. i am on a pc using sunray dreamup v1.3.37. it takes about 15 minutes and at the end of the flash it says flashing failed 010 old version. i have tried numerous imahes but no joy.

the display says sim 2 & 4
    4D bootloader

can someone point out the correct image for this box. i would love a blackhole image if possible

thanks in advence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

further info i have opened up the box and the sim states the following Sim 210
    dm800SE 13075