Register

Thread: CLOUD I BOX 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CLOUD I BOX 2

Hi everybody

Right, I've ordered one of these today after doing a lot of research, should be here by Monday or Tuesday.

I have the skybox F5, as just took the plunge in like everyone else and got the cheapest box out there, but like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, and well yeah, the skybox is deffo representative of the money.

So, bit the bullet and I've ordered the above box, took me a while to find a UK company selling these!!! I know they're made in china, but bought direct before and been stung with import fees e.t.c

I will report back in a couple of days when the box arrives and give my review and also do a step by step setup guide, if anyone wants it!!!???
    Not done any messing around with anything since dragon cam and the old ****og boxes, so thought I would dust off my sat shoes and dive in again!!!

Have a Good Day everyone

James

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi this would be good if you good give an update and step by step guide. Ive got F5s and was in process of buying a vu dou but this fell through and are now looking at the Cloud IBox 2.
    Last edited by skelfbsfb; 10th April, 2014 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Mate

Right it's fairly simple once you get the right image on the box, that's what took me the longest to work out!!!
    As with a lot of these things, they're 'clone boxes' which i didn't realise at the time.
    You need what they call a 'patched; image so the box will be able to read it, I now have a copy of this on my box now and its working grand. I can post a link or smed the file direct if anyone requires it.

The main features of this are

FULL 7 day EPG, works a treat
    Very stable CAM software, mine has not gone off once (errrrr dunno what this is for!!!?? )
    I have on the box on demamnd tv, bbc iplayer, itv, channel 4, RTE and a german one for some reason!!!?>?
    Oh and movies 25, streaming movies, there is IPTV, but this is very hit and miss.

Overall not a bad box, for the ?65 i paid for it, can send you step by step instructions if you wish, then some of the work is done through Dreambox FTP centre, if you have ever used that.

The appearnce of the menu/box once all done depends on your skin, but you a get a s"y looking skin, which looks fab and on the EPG does look like the real thing!!!

I suppose its one of them, it depends what you want the box to do in the long run!!

Hope this helps

James

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OH and another good thing as well is, we all know at some point that the wonderful thing, that none of us talk about may/might come to an end, if it does, then you still have a very good FTA reciever, with FULL 7 day EPG with on demand for ?65!!! That's cheaper than I've seen a lot a FTA recievers!!!!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi i have one of these but have a beta or a backup firmware. Do u have a guide on how to update the firmware? It would be a great help. Ps when ur went off, how did u get it working again?
    Last edited by digicon; 13th April, 2014 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I have also been messing about with skybox and was going to buy cloud ibox 2 and was hoping someone would be able to help me set up a ccam line

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by roadie View Post
    Hi i have one of these but have a beta or a backup firmware. Do u have a guide on how to update the firmware? It would be a great help. Ps when ur went off, how did u get it working again?
    To update firmware download image
    If you need to, unrar until you see the xpeedlx folder
    Format a usb stick to fat 32 and add the xpeedlx folder.
    Power off the box and insert usb to rear usb port.
    Power on box. Should flash and say done when finished.power off.
    Remove usb.
    Turn back on and do all ur settings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pwc1978 View Post
    Hi I have also been messing about with skybox and was going to buy cloud ibox 2 and was hoping someone would be able to help me set up a ccam line
    Unlike skybox u enter it through a ftp client on ur pc that connects over ur network to open the folder where u need to place ur file.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there anyway you could show me instructions on how to do it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry dude but im new and dont wanna skirt so close to forum rule breaking. But if u google add c***m.c*g to ibox 2 plus it should give you a tutorial