I really need help with technomate 5402 M@
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I really need help with technomate 5402 M@

Hi can anyone give me a clue what I'm doing I have a technomate 5402M2 loaded the patch and addons softcams I have the channels listed but when when I go to a channel there is a week signal and display no audio'video it the TP is correct but wrong polarity and I'm stuck how to change no fields box to change,so I guess I'm going about this totally the wrong way ....maybe I need to start again from the beginning

any help please......Fawlks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. You may be on the correct frequency but wrong satellite. Which satellite do you think you should be on???

Regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

silly this may sound but if its tuned to 28,only then there will be a number of red signals you may need to do a ch**** sort ,, as i have a technomate and did a tv sort the other day

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. Silly as this may sound but how do you know if its tuned in to 28east?? It may be tuned in to 28 east but dish may be pointing towards a different satellite for all i know. Best way to find out is to put it on a FTA channel and see if a picture appears.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi thanks for the reply, I think I'm on 27.5 w Intelsat 907 when I do a blind scan that's when I get a good signal and it shows 27.5 w Intelsat 907 I need this satellite I'm in Spain near Malaga
    Last edited by fawlks; 6th May, 2014 at 07:12 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi... The thing to remember is that the satellite name means nothing really when you do a blind scan as all the receiver sees is a signal and tunes in that satellite regardless of what its called. For example your dish may be pointing to 13 east but blind scan is set to 27.5 west. This means you will scan in Hotbird(13 east) under wrong satellite name. The only way of telling if you are on the correct satellite is by looking at the channels that are tuned in. In your case if you have scanned in 27.5 west then you should have tuned in the BBC and ITV channels. Do you have a motor and if so what other satellites do you get???. Hope this helps you to enjoy what you are looking for.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fawlks View Post
    Hi thanks for the reply, I think I'm on 27.5 w Intelsat 907 when I do a blind scan that's when I get a good signal and it shows 27.5 w Intelsat 907 I need this satellite I'm in Spain near Malaga

here is a list for 27.5W... just use the signal quality osd to peak the dish and dont forget the lnb skew,regards mdt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys.
    I now am sure I'm on the correct satellite done the patches and add on biss keys but all I have is Scrambled channel should I start again and do a factory rest HELP

many thanks for reply's ......Fawlks
    Last edited by fawlks; 14th May, 2014 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Code note

I've just done one of these. You need to go to the scrambled channel and enter 8280 which puts you in the BISS setting page.
    Whatever the channel is that you are on (e.g. 3) go to line 3 and enter a line of zeros. Exit and save. Go back into 8280 page and you will find the line 3 has a yellow highlight. Enter the correct code and save. Voila working channel. You will need to do this for all channels found. Tedious or what! Boa sorte

You need to put the code in twice....
    Last edited by handyandy; 13th June, 2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Forgot summat

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by handyandy View Post
    I've just done one of these. You need to go to the scrambled channel and enter 8280 which puts you in the BISS setting page.
    Whatever the channel is that you are on (e.g. 3) go to line 3 and enter a line of zeros. Exit and save. Go back into 8280 page and you will find the line 3 has a yellow highlight. Enter the correct code and save. Voila working channel. You will need to do this for all channels found. Tedious or what! Boa sorte

You need to put the code in twice....
    You dont need to put the code in twice you enter the fist 16 digits and then the last 16 enter all Zero's and save Job done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi All
    I am in a similar situation as hanyandy
    I have just about got to the point where I need to put in the BISS code but have now hit a brick wall.
    Where is page 8280?
    Have I missed something out?
    Most of the instructions for a newbie are quite cryptic.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

ref to #11
    you can get to the BISS MENU two ways.

1. If your receiver is patched, go to the channel that you require to put the BISS CODE AGAINST, press 8280, on the remote, the BISS CODE menu should come up, go to a line that is not in use, put in the code and then save, do the same for the rest of the channels that you require to open, if it is 27w go to the SAME LINE as you used for your first channel, put in the same letter/number at the first entry and save again.

2.You can get to the same menu by using the remote, MENU - SYSTEM INFO - key across with vol. control, BISS MENU, then press OK, then carry out above.

Hope this helps

Den

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Den
    I have it all working now
    Thank you
    P

14. The Following User Says Thank You to prutz For This Useful Post:

den1 (19th June, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is only one Tp in use on 27.5W therefore only one line needs to be coded and all will work, no patches, just the current codes in line one for an M2.
    M3 IS a different bag, can only be coded with a patch file.