Register
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spangla View Post
    hi mate iam new to all this i had a starview 5 box which has stopped working due to n3 iam on v/m in bristol if i buy a kriptview 780 box will it work and do i need a perminant internet connection , cheers
    Yes it will work in UK, & you need box connected to router when
    you watch TV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default please help

i have bought the a780 do these usually come ready flashed or do i have to do this myself??? have scanned and found channels for my area but they are all but bbc1 etc that are free coming up as scrambled or no video please help as new as last box i had was eurovox which you had to just plug in scan and that was it until a while ago many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Baoyu cable usb to null

Hi,

I bought a cable from ebay that goes from USB to Null cable (says BAOYU on top). the cable did not come with any drivers. does anyone know where i can get drivers/ how i can get the cable installed, as currently i am just getting a yellow ? mark.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTeck View Post

If you have a PC/Laptop with a 9 pin serial socket then all you need is a Null Modem Cable, see pic below.

If you have a PC/Laptop that doesn't have the 9 pin serial socket you will need a Null Modem Cable and a USB adapter, See pic below.

If you have a PC and you are struggling with the usb adapter or you have Vista like me you could install a PCI serial card which is easily added to you PC and with this all you need is the null modem cable which gives you a direct link from your box to the pc.

Null Modem Com/Port setup Tutorial

USB DB9 device coms/ports set up.

Problems with your PC/Laptop not recognising your box.

To see which port your USB adapter is connected to, connect your USB adapter and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
    2. Right click on "My Computer"
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
    5. Click on "Device Manager"
    6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
    8. Go back to your map software program that you use to transfer data and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
    9. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

If you need drivers go here

USB to Serial Adapter driver downloads and documentation

Follow my advice to step 7. Locate your USB Adapter (port *)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.
    Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.

DW190

Quote Originally Posted by rakz007 View Post
    Hi,

I bought a cable from ebay that goes from USB to Null cable (says BAOYU on top). the cable did not come with any drivers. does anyone know where i can get drivers/ how i can get the cable installed, as currently i am just getting a yellow ? mark.
    At the bottom of your quote:

USB to Serial Adapter driver downloads and documentation

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

always best to read first,as the answer is usually skipped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default No scrambled channels still!

Been scratching my head for a while over this, so time to bite the bullet and ask.

Firstly, is the software it's running correct? - Evolution A780 v3.2.00 dated 18/5/2010 (I have an A780). If I try to load the latest firmware, all I get is 'The downloading is not requested' message!

I've managed to get all channels scanned, but can only see the FTA ones. I'm connected to the net (ok, I think), but have no joy at all with the scrambled ones. Is there something I'm missing, or is an internet connection problem? Seem to have about a 5 meg download speed. Would that make a difference?

Anyway, any help would be most welcome, as I'll be bald by xmas from pulling my hair out! :-(

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

The latest firmware sticky link for the A780 downloads fine, I just checked it.

Have you tried updating the firmware while the KV is online and that it is in fact online?

When it is online - Press menu - Installation - SW Update - Press OK - It will now update.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox47 View Post
    Been scratching my head for a while over this, so time to bite the bullet and ask.

Firstly, is the software it's running correct? - Evolution A780 v3.2.00 dated 18/5/2010 (I have an A780). If I try to load the latest firmware, all I get is 'The downloading is not requested' message!

I've managed to get all channels scanned, but can only see the FTA ones. I'm connected to the net (ok, I think), but have no joy at all with the scrambled ones. Is there something I'm missing, or is an internet connection problem? Seem to have about a 5 meg download speed. Would that make a difference?

Anyway, any help would be most welcome, as I'll be bald by xmas from pulling my hair out! :-(
    Go to MENU--SETTINGS--S/W UPDATE
    If you are connected to internet box will auto-update itself
    or tell you it's already up to date when you select SW/UPDATE
    Often helps to reboot router & box to unscramble channels

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DW190 View Post

Tried this did not work for me, but i managed to connect the serial cable directly to the PC at my friends house.

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    always best to read first,as the answer is usually skipped.

you can say that again....
    Last edited by satsmo; 21st December, 2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: merged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The advice sounds good guys, but there is a snag with that! In the Installation menu, I have 4 options, Search, automatic and manual, Factory Default Setting, and Data Download. In the Data Download it will only let me send S/W Transfer and Channel Data Transfer, even after a factory reset. My poor head!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default shayne j

need help getting kryptview box a780 working

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Sounds like a connection problem to the interweb, start over again.

Follow the youtube guide here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...07/#post824157

DW190

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox47 View Post
    The advice sounds good guys, but there is a snag with that! In the Installation menu, I have 4 options, Search, automatic and manual, Factory Default Setting, and Data Download. In the Data Download it will only let me send S/W Transfer and Channel Data Transfer, even after a factory reset. My poor head!!
    The box will have to be flashed with a computer as its not got the online update facility.

Once flashed with any of the A780 software it will update on line.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i wonder if that firmware is n3,i think not
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...firmware-1238/
    or
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview_A780_18062010.bin
    possibly needed and update from them,later firmware has sw update,so you need the null modem to flash either file and then you can sw update to latest.
    Last edited by cactikid; 22nd December, 2010 at 08:48 PM.