Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default ABS MK60EC1 CODING

Hi...
    I've been having some problems with this type of ECU coding and would like to share info
    For those units that simply lost its coding:
    The fact is that the coding has the VIN of the car fitted in it, and theorically you should get your car to dealer to do an online coding procedure.....thats why there are some calculators like AVDI that ask for the VIN and some info like the engine type and equipment options to calculate the coding.
    AVDI has worked fine for me to calculate the coding.... I've read in some threads that VCP also has this function; I bought it and have the MK60EC1 coding guided function available; but dont know how it helps yout to calculate it.... it works only for editing and programming but dont know how to calculate from VCP, if anyone knows please tell us how.

Anyway... if you dont have VCP or AVDI, try to find codings from autoscans of similar cars and only change the bytes related to the VIN...
    here is an image that has helped a lot.

MK60EC1 VIN CRYPTED.png

About ABS/ESP ECU swaping, in my experience, if the coding is right... a new or used ECU accepts it without problems... but in used (from a donor car) ECUs the coding is resetted (lost) after ignition is off and on again...
    Only with new ECUs the coding holds after ignition is off.
    If anyone could swap ABS/ESP with a used unit from a different car, please let us know how.

Also check that your VCDS has the workshop identification filled, because if not... even if you have everything else right... the coding in a new ABS/ESP unit wont be registered.

Hope this can help you.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hi.if you need swap used ABS/ESP without coding resseting to zero (after ignition),must do stearing angle adaptation.Simply.
    P.S. Iam use for coding VCP

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

hello
    i need long condig

MK60EC1 vw scirocco
    VIN : WVWZZZ13Z9V004966
    ABS : 1K0907379AP

thanks you