Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default accessing my cctv from any pc or mobile

hi guys been called in to fix my pals cctv system in his shop hes got a pc with a capture card i have got it all working i can view the cameras and record etc its on xp because the capture card software only supports xp or linux.

he wants to be able to access the cameras from his iphone and any pc problem is the capture card software doesnt have a remote feature. i have given the pc a static ip address and port forwarded on the router i have tried teamviewer,vnc,gotomypc and logmein they all connect but i cannot view the live feeds i can watch the recordings back tho.

i have updated the pc with all the windows updates ive updated the graphics drivers etc but still faced with the same issue.

feel like telling him to buy a proper dvr but i know he wont spend the money! he says it was working before but when i turned up it was on fedora 9 and it looked like it was just installed.

anyone got any ideas?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Need a little more info on the cctv system along with capture card software

Does the CCTV system plug in via a router or usb?

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Accessing cctv from any pc or mobile talk to maplin staff..
    CCTV Remote Monitoring And Smartphone Access Setup Package | Maplin
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.