Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I agree xbmc section would be great come on mods let's get this started!😀

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My new toy is an mbox running gotham on linux, so would welcome a new section. istream is the way to go on it especially with its imdb list update in real time. No more downloading (which is one of the reasons I bought it) and the complete series links are there to stream to your hearts content. Good for the footy too @3pm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Was having a look at a few android boxes. Saw the MINIX NEO X8-H box which has good specs. Is there much to gain spending more on an android box?
    Already have Plex running on a Nowtv box with film server.
    Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah, best getting a half decent one that can handle streaming well. Also, you can use for playing games and emulators and run apps on it too. I've xbmc on all my android devices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

ok , bought a nano slim plus from amazon for 43 pounds with the intention of wiping it and put a clear linux system on it rather the 'bloated ' andriod linux system already installed , downloaded a tutorial and downloaded the linux o/s suitable for the nano on a usb stick ready to go but tried the andriod system on it and tbh couldnt fault it ....using homeplugs btw not wireless.....downloaded xbmc and configured it ....loads of you tubes video s available to help .... found it so simple , i cant understand why more people arent doing it .....great selection of tele box sets and movies to view, i tend not to bother with any cam links stick to dvd rips to h d quality.... id reccommend the add on s ,mash up ..ice ...genesis ..navi x ..movie 25 and sports devil, although the sly one football links arent the best but watchable (am workin on this tho ). i ve also installed catch up tv on it so i can watch t v in the bed room where i can rid of the indoor portable ariel and assiocated wires . now i know a little more i wish i d bought a quad core but tbh for 40 quid cant fault it as i m only using it for movies and tele box sets . might give to a family member and get myself a quad core .....but which one ????? ....c mon mods let get a xmbc section on my favourite forum started.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

just bought an m8 linux quad core running gotham still getting to grips with it but very impressed up to now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Xbmc runs great on jailbroken idevices, there's a tutorial on how to do it in the iPhone and ipad section on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to johnboy1974 For This Useful Post:

bigfella (26th September, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I just use a Raspberri PI with Openelec on it. I actually use an already compile version by User/Dev Open Eleq.....lots of goodies on his builds with tons of options to enhance the experience. Just google the user OpenEleq and you will find him on one of the xbmc forums. My PI is set up using a class 6 sd card and a USB3 memory stick....this works out MUCH faster and smoother than just using the SD card. Coupled with my little blue tooth keyboard RII im happy as a pig in......
    Also there are a few new addons on the block these days which are brilliant. Chack out Genisis and S.A.L.T.S which is a brilliant beta stage addon.....Going to be the way forward these two addons. Both use TrakTv website (Which you should sign up for). Both addons allow you to choose your favorites in the TrakTV website and gives you the chance to watch your TV series ect and reminds you which episode is next ect. It even can be set up to auto play the next episode until you tell it to stop....great for those who like to watch 4-5 episodes in a viewing session.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Diddy For This Useful Post:

bigfella (27th September, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

XBMC is a brilliant program when you get your head around it, I have used it in a few different ways on older PC's, USB pens, XBMCbuntu etc . It would be great to have a section dedicated to it .
    "Windows - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

seen a few posts mentioning android boxes, take a look at this little beaut for ?87 free delivery it has xbmc, and loads more, might invest in one myself as i already got the x treamer prodigy Xtreamer Wonder - What is

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
    seen a few posts mentioning android boxes, take a look at this little beaut for ?87 free delivery it has xbmc, and loads more, might invest in one myself as i already got the x treamer prodigy Xtreamer Wonder - What is
    Hurry up and get one then AM, then you can tell us all about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One more,
    for the XBMC users "group".

I've been using for some years now.
    Lately i've been using it on my Raspberry B model.

Two main OS's:
    Raspbmc
    PiPplware - A distro Pplware para o Raspberry PI | Pplware

Great litle device, along with XBMC it does a great job for Full HD.

Hope to see a dual core or quad core in a near future, maybe in a one year timeframe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeh i use a mx android box for xbmc,works a treat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been using it for 5 years only over the last couple has it got upto speed , can get a good quad core mx3 box , anyone needs any help let me know , can get pretty much anything that's out there , so easy to set up , perfect sly sports if u know where to look

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

My internet has only been fast enough to run XBMC in the spring so I put XBMC on to my imac and found it a bit confusing to get every thing to work like live TV etc I then found TVMC a program from tv addons which has done most of the setting up for you and gets on fine with that. about a month ago I bought a Android Quadcore XBMC fully loaded box with Kit Kat 4.4 rooted HD tv movie box for under ?60 with free post of fleabay and it works fine .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123