XBMC - do we have members who use this gear..?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default XBMC - do we have members who use this gear..?

I have been using the XBMC kit on and off for the last ten years stemming from the original XBox which was modified to be a media centre... Now they no longer use that platform as such although i still have mine and it works very well considering its age but it no longer has the tech to do what the modern xbmc stuff does thesedays...

I have been playing around with a couple of xbmc gadgets over the last couple of years and my current M8 kit is great... I know there are plenty of dedicated sites to the xbmc but DK was initially created around the cable and satellite tv areas of interest so it could be worth adding xbmc if there is enough of a following here on DK...

So any other users...?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caveman_nige For This Useful Post:

cooper 8 (7th September, 2014), macjst35 (26th June, 2015), roblfcx5 (29th August, 2014)

DK Daddy PT
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post
    I have been using the XBMC kit on and off for the last ten years stemming from the original XBox which was modified to be a media centre... Now they no longer use that platform as such although i still have mine and it works very well considering its age but it no longer has the tech to do what the modern xbmc stuff does thesedays...

I have been playing around with a couple of xbmc gadgets over the last couple of years and my current M8 kit is great... I know there are plenty of dedicated sites to the xbmc but DK was initially created around the cable and satellite tv areas of interest so it could be worth adding xbmc if there is enough of a following here on DK...

So any other users...?
    Im in, i have been using xbmc for a few years now and i love it so im always willing to help or learn stuff. i think the first thing would be getting around the isp blocking in the UK, but i live in greece so we dont have that problem so that would be a good start dont you think nige

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zaphodbb For This Useful Post:

caveman_nige (27th August, 2014)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i use my 360 for streaming videos over the network also using Serviio to handle the formats that xbox can't (mkv)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

been looking at getting the m8 caveman how are they, picture quality etc

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i use xbmc on my mx android tv box great bit of kit.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cushty View Post
    been looking at getting the m8 caveman how are they, picture quality etc
    i think they are great.. mine sits by the telly on my home wifi, router is upstairs, and i get full HD streams without an issue... they are 4k ready and have an octocore GPU so the picture is very crisp...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caveman_nige For This Useful Post:

cushty (29th August, 2014), Dreamer (29th May, 2015), macjst35 (26th June, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I too have been using XBMC for a few years now and I for one will be really keen to see a separate section on this forum for XBMC (soon to be named Kodi). With XBMC getting more and more popular and that there is now a fully working XBMC addon for enigma 2 satellite boxes, i think it will be a great addition to what is an already fantastic forum.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etch For This Useful Post:

McrRed (1st September, 2014), roblfcx5 (29th August, 2014)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just been looking into xbmc. Got a mx to play with and learn, but the m8 looks good. Do u have any probs with them nige ??
    A new section would be good for people like me for advise and repos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yes i think i will opt for a m8 box and pass the droid player box I've just bought to a family member
    I'm new to xmbc although its been going for some time, ive been using enigma2 box for my entertainment sports ect for a gd while now, I've used it to watch ice films to but there wasn't enough memory in box to cope kept crashing, , as etch said there's now a working xmbc add on for sat boxes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'd be interested as well, currently using it on my mac, but will have a look at the M8 box as well. I think XBMC handles streaming your own content a lot better than Plex, which seems to use transcoding for everything.
    The Live TV add-on works well with my E2 box too.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

yes could do with some help also with a sumvision cyclone android as i fell asleep in setting it up months ago ,looked at amiko a3 he called it like the spark2 also running sat running frodo 12.2 i think how times and apps have changed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

roblfcx5 (31st August, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Was looking yesterday at the m8s on you tube, they look decent & quick, I was confused about xmbc, as androidsticks uk
    Claim to have a different xmbc installed on there devices there own they say & push updates to ur box for life, can anyone confirm this Is true or is there only 1 kind of xmbc.
    I'm thinking its more of a advertisement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

yes there are alot of different versions of xbmc, arm processors,amlogic and so on, i have went through quiet a few boxes at this stage but the m8 does look pretty good just be carefull of clones i have been caught a few times with clones and it is very hard to get a working version of xbmc on them, i recently got an old pc from work upgraded the ram and graphics card installed openelec a linux version of xbmc which only boots to xbmc thats it, and it works like a dream very fast, handles 1080 streaming not a glitch 3d too, in my honest opinion it smashes all the boxes and dongles, i use it more than my sat box its that good,i could not live without it, if anyone has any trouble setting it up just ask!!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrecko For This Useful Post:

cactikid (31st August, 2014), McrRed (1st September, 2014), philip35 (21st September, 2014), plasterer (2nd September, 2014), xant14 (14th September, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roblfcx5 View Post
    Was looking yesterday at the m8s on you tube, they look decent & quick, I was confused about xmbc, as androidsticks uk
    Claim to have a different xmbc installed on there devices there own they say & push updates to ur box for life, can anyone confirm this Is true or is there only 1 kind of xmbc.
    I'm thinking its more of a advertisement.
    you ar right,they do not have a special version for there box thats bull sh1t, like i said there are certain versions that work well with certain boxes or dongles, its like the sat boxes better boxes have better support...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrecko For This Useful Post:

McrRed (1st September, 2014), roblfcx5 (31st August, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If you was to buy a m8 box from Aliexpress would it be any different as from a UK seller, would the box from China have the UK freeview on & the updated add ons as advertised by UK sellers ??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast