Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question FULL SYSTEM BACKUP EMERGENCY FILE !

I have a VU DUO (genuine model).

It has openPli on it.

Anyways, after a bit of a scare tonight I want to make a "FULL SYSTEM BACKUP FILE" on my PC (my pc is connected to my VU using Ethernet cable).

I want the FULL SYSTEM BACKUP FILE so that I can stick it on a usb stick and simply reflash the box like I done tonight to get my box going again, but as that file is several months old now I would like an updated FULL SYSTEM BACKUP FILE that will backup absuloutley everything incase anything dodgy happens like what happened earlier tonight.

As I say, It was only pure luck I had that FULL SYSTEM backup file stored to a usb stick or I would have been ****ed man.

Thing is though, I cant bloomin remember how the heck I got the FULL SYSTEM RESTORE FILE in the first place, I am only familiar with dreambox control centre and nothing else, so I am just guessing that I must have used DCC to extract the full image to the computer/usb stick unless someone else helped me at the time and I cant remember man

I had a look in DCC and see a few options for but I tried the options to see what would happen and the backup option appears to be greyed out, I know I must be doing something simply wrong but I cant remember, but there again, as I said too, maybe someone else helped me at the time and it wasn't DCC I used at all, I don't know, I doubt it though.

Anyway, I would appreciate if someone can give me a few tips on this as I am not sure and last thing I ever want to do is **** things up , know what I mean ?

So as I mentioned, what I am after is "A TOTAL FULL SYSTEM FILE THAT WILL RESTORE MY VU, I WANT THE FILE TO INCLUDE ABSOLUTLEY EVERYTHING THATS ALREADY ON THE BOX NOW, AND YES EVEN THAT LINE THING TOO THAT WE CANT SPEAK ABOUT AND I'M NOT".

I just want a file that will save to my PC (via Ethernet from box) and I can have it saved on a couple of my hard drives for safe keeping.

Thank you guys whoever can lend a few tips, I know its got to be something simple and a daft thing but as I don't mess with the box much at all that is the reason I always forget these things and also the reason I always better to have one of these life saving files too.

Cheers guys

p.s
    see screenshot of what I "think" it is I should be using but it doesn't appear to work or its most likely just my fault as I keep saying. 3 options.jpg

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You could use backupsuite on OpenPLI images if it is not already installed you can find it in the Plugin/Download section

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts