Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Medion Secure Boot?

I have just bought a new Medion PC but it has windows 8 on it which you have to buy the activation as it does not come with it?

Therefore im not to kean on this windows 8 and want to put windows 7 ultimate on instead but I see that theres this secure boot in the bios which is suppose to stop you installing 3rd party things?

I have set it to disabled but it loads up my W7 disk up but freezes on the please wait screen?

Can you still install other operating systems and do they have to be original from microsoft?

Cheers Guys!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

need to change the boot option from UEFI to legacy boot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Im thinking of taking this pc back where i bought it.........Seems quite long winded doing the changes as i find it mite get affected later on, I was on about putting Daz loader in but reading about this UEFI it doesnt like pirates even when you do change in bios?

In my bios theres no mention of a legacy boot option? I think though that AMD doesnthave this UEFI so maybe a good idea taking that route?