Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default NOOB GUIDE: Rip, Patch, And Burn 360 Games With A Regular PC DVD Drive + PICS

saw this tut on one of my member sites and thought it invaluable, not my work but big thanks to the guy, took him about 3 hrs, now thats dedication to your site

open with microsoft word and let me know if i have edited it ok, if not i'll add any missing links or pics etc

This tutorial is a complete noob's guide on how to rip and burn XBox 360 games under Windows.

You Will Need:
    wxRipper 1.2
    abgx360
    abgx360 3rd Wave ISO
    IMG Burn
    A Regular DVD Movie, larger than 7.2GB (I think it's 7.2, at least 7 should be fine)
    Paper Clip
    A DVD burner capable of burning Dual Layer discs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommy2426 For This Useful Post:

stephenstud (26th April, 2013)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I am going to be making a couple also but about the flashing of the drives...

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cunny View Post
    I am going to be making a couple also but about the flashing of the drives...
    throw in a complete 1 of dosflash if u can m8, cheers

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommy2426 View Post
    saw this tut on one of my member sites and thought it invaluable, not my work but big thanks to the guy, took him about 3 hrs, now thats dedication to your site

open with microsoft word and let me know if i have edited it ok, if not i'll add any missing links or pics etc

This tutorial is a complete noob's guide on how to rip and burn XBox 360 games under Windows.

You Will Need:
    wxRipper 1.2
    abgx360
    abgx360 3rd Wave ISO
    IMG Burn
    A Regular DVD Movie, larger than 7.2GB (I think it's 7.2, at least 7 should be fine)
    Paper Clip
    A DVD burner capable of burning Dual Layer discs.
    You have posted that you can rip games using a normal dvd drive in windows. Thats not right. Unless you have a drive with kreon fw, or you hook up your 360 drive, then you cannot rip an original, looked at the tutorial, and seems like a very long way of ripping games. Easier to connect the 360 drive, or get a samsung and flash with kreon fw.
    Last edited by janobi; 10th July, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not quite entity sure what you are trying to say,it is tried and tested, but this ripping method is for taking legit/original XBox 360 games that you have and ripping them onto your computer using a normal DVD burner. Other methods require a KREON drive, or an XBox 360 drive hooked up to your computer. If you know of another way without purchasing the KREON drive, please upload the tutorial to let others know, this is only to help others without the means or the technical know how.

this quote below from a fellow member may help

"Just to let you know, I've followed this method now and ripped about 10 games or so with it. Works great with Shaun of the Dead

As a suggestion, at this part:

-You can now close wxRipper and delete the layout file.

Would it be worth adding a short section to explain in case you wish to backup another game straight after ripping the first?

Just in case there are people who are strict on following tutorials, they might think (as I did) you need to restart Wxripper with the film dvd back in before you can rip another game. I was a bit wary at first but I used the hotswap method to stop the disc after ripping the first iso, I then opened the drive using the paperclip method, put new game in and started the disc spinning before ripping the next game. It works fine for me"

view html version here: http://tacticalchaos.net/360/
    Last edited by tommy2426; 11th July, 2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: extra info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What ?

Just to let you know Janobi, you are wrong, using the hotswap method you do NOT have to have a flashed xbox drive or a Kreon drive , just a normal dvd drive,a dvd film 7.2 gigs or bigger, wxripper and imgburn to burn it, then test with ABGX, simple as

cheers
    Acestu
    If my post Helps, then Please Click the THANKS Button ,as i will do for you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Acestu Corporation.... More Powerfull Than You Could Possibly Imagine !!.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi lads everyone good?Iv tried all the steps as mentioned,used a 7.5gig movie,even changed the layout file to everythin possible but only getting a 250mb iso,i managed a 7.5gig and ran it in abgx360 but was not recognoised as a 360 iso...PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No need just got my hands on a kreon...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tutorial

Thanks Tommy I will read through and try it on my own. This is a turtorial for ripping orginals correct?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tommy made a mistake and said regular dvd drive...sheesh have some common sense ppl, he meant to say regular dvd burner cut him a break and stop posting bs like " no thats not right, nah nah neh neh ga ga goo you gotta us a kweon drive hmpf! ".

Thanks Tom, I read it and as soon as I get my kit to flash the drive I'm trying it. Guide looks easy to follow although I'm familar with computer jargon maybe that's why but thanks!

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azzadinga View Post
    ok i dnt know y but i cant seem to download this good guide ??? just takes me to a blank screen???
    please read this re missing files... http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...owntime-56070/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't read the guide yet but if there are questions over the accuracy of even Kreon rips isn't this going to be more inaccurate?

btw the 6 posts above mine are pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dude, thanks, I thought you always had to take the drive apart and take the little spinner of the top each time, this is so much better :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Hello i need some help. I am trying to copy an xbox game and i'm following the guide but do you need to make the rip from a dual layer dvd player only? of can you use a regular dvd burner? Now everytime i try using my regular dvd burner i get this error message
    "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."
    can anyone help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm glad you guys have found my tutorial so helpful (yes tacticalchaos.net is my site and I did write it).

Found out that this forum was linking to my site using Alexa rank, so just thought I would show my appreciation.

Any questions or concerns, I'll try to answer them for you.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast