Bad or no signal
Register
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Bad or no signal

My kv780 has started to play up,the channels are unwachable my signal and q meter are on 50 and 0 on most channels,so I did a factory reset and rescaned now half the channels are missing could this be an outside issue or could it be the kv box ,i have checked for local faults and everything is ok

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have scanned from direct feed and the channels are back but the signal and q meters are still the same and now my broadband hub wont find a signal

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

if as you did say scanned from direct feed and found channels ok,rechecked your on latest firmware from downloads and if not reflash or online update,factory reset then rescan and choose correct net id and if needed reboot box and router.

faulty splitters????

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=cactikid;2387928]if as you did say scanned from direct feed and found channels ok,rechecked your on latest firmware from downloads and if not reflash or online update,factory reset then rescan and choose correct net id and if needed reboot box and router.

faulty splitters????[/QUOTE
    I have been to maplin and got a new splitter now everything is working again, But there is still a few channels where the picture is not right, The only way to explain it is its like when you have a aerial on top of your tv for freeview and when you stand in front of the arieal it freezes the picture untill you move and it works again.Also yesterday while I was checking my cables I openened the box on the front of the house where the feed comes in and there was a 10 db attenuator fitted do you think I should remove it and just join the cables without it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How did you get on?
    Im now having a similar problem. I can be watching Discov Turbo and screen pixelates and locks up.....then I get the 'Scrambled or No signal' sign up on screen.
    A few minutes later the program fires back into action. It can work for an hour or so and then go off again. Occasionally it doesn't come back on at all! I've tried all the usual things-reboot Reflash etc etc. still no joy.
    appreciate any help??

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

how is box wired to lan,whats your signal and quality levels.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I didn't find a fix, ss2 and et 1 and 2 are unwatchable plus others but im really only bothered about the sports

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

how did you find your correct net id?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have used the same net id for nearly 2 years with hardly any problems with the sport channels but this has just started over the past 2 week.i use knosley 1 but knosley 2 works and preston
    Last edited by 12345guy12345; 7th October, 2014 at 09:04 PM.